Breast cancer nipple

Common Questions and Answers about Breast cancer nipple


Avatar m tn Guys can definitely have breast cancer. When I was 24 my right nipple became enlarged and if I pressed it between my fingers about 6 drops of clear fluid popped out of the little openings in the tip of my nipple. The doctor said I had a precancerous condition and urged me to have my right breast, nipple included, completely removed. I went ahead with the mastectomy, so now I have only one nipple, just the left one.
Avatar n tn Lumps that do not hurt when you press down on them, and are in and around the lobules/stroma of the breast are cancer lumps. Breast cancer occurs in the lymph system. Certain moles also indicate cancer. Melanoma with asymmetrical and uneven flat edges are cancer moles. Melanoma with symmetrical, even edges are noncancerous moles. Here is a link for cancerous moles. (
1461017 tn?1285812782 Nipple discharge is the third most common breast complaint for which women seek medical attention, after lumps and breast pain. A woman's breasts secret some fluid throughout most of the adult life. The difference between lactating (milk producing) and non-lactating breasts is mainly in the degree or amount of secretion and to a smaller degree the chemical composition of the fluid.
Avatar f tn However, because a small percentage of nipple discharges can indicate breast/nipple cancer, any persistent discharge from the nipple(s) should be evaluated by a physician. Up to 20% of women may experience spontaneous milky, opalescent, or clear fluid nipple discharge. During breast self-exam, fluid may normally be expressed from the breasts of 50% to 60% of Caucasian (White) and African-American women and 40% of Asian-American women.
Avatar n tn t think you should worry about it,unless the discharge is bloody,persistent,comes out without squeezing the nipple and is associated with a lump, nipple or skin changes etc... Take care...
Avatar f tn I failed to mention that I have a strong breast cancer history in my family. I am 54. My mom died from breast cancer at 53. I also have had other family with breast cancer.
Avatar n tn However my breasts have this clear/milky discharge that issticky! The women in my family have been known to have breast cancer including my mother! Sp naturally i am really worried about this discharge. I'm on birth control but my breasts leaked before i started taking it! Is this something i should talk to my doctor about or am i over reacting?
Avatar n tn The symptoms could include lumps, changes to the nipple or breast skin - redness or scaling, skin dimpling or puckering, or nipple discharge. Best wishes...
Avatar f tn I already have an appointment with my doctor this week, but I am unsure of something. When reading symptoms of breast cancer "nipple inversion" is one of them. I honestly have not paid too much attention to my breasts before, but after reading this i became concerned. My left nipple is not so much inverted - just kind of flat. It doesn't "go in" but it doesn't "stick out" either - whereas my right nipple does stick out a bit.
Avatar n tn Your doctor may take a sample of the discharge for testing, or might send you for a breast mri or biopsy. Mammograms are a great tool for detecting breast cancer but they are not foolproof, nor do all breast cancers present as lumps. The safest bet is to see your doctor.
Avatar n tn Symptoms of male breast cancer include lumps, changes to the nipple or breast skin - redness or scaling, skin dimpling or puckering, or nipple discharge. What you need to do is get a clinical breast examination done by a physician. If he notices something amiss he will suggest a mammogram and USG. It would then be possible on the basis of these reports to decide whether a core needle biopsy or a surgical excision biopsy would be the required in your case.
Avatar n tn I have been diagnosed with DCIS Stage 0 breast cancer in 2 places in my right breast. I am planning a skin/nipple saving mastectomy. The surgeon tells me the nipple could die. How high is that chance?
Avatar m tn If you do self exams have you felt any lumps in any area of the breast ?? Bloody discharge from the nipple can be due to various causes and it is important to make an appointment with either your Family Dr. OR your Gyn for a clinical breast exam and whatever testing he/she may think is appropriate. The one thing you DO NOT want to do is wait and wonder so make that appointment ASAP and discuss your symptoms with the Dr. Regards ...
Avatar m tn This Forum deals solely with breast problems and I don’t think that your symptoms are indicative of breast cancer because this disease in male breast, typically presents as a painless mass behind the areola. But a movable tender lump is most likely to be a cyst . On the other hand a male nipple discharge is not normal and needs professional evaluation to rule out any serious problem.. Please consult your doctor and get the relevant investigations done, including checking your hormonal levels.
Avatar f tn The issueright now is very complex. I have right breast pain specifically near the nipple area but my main concern is i have a lump there. According to my knowledge i've always had this lump underneath and near my nipple for as long as i can remember. maybe 7-8 years. i always thought it was normal just being there near the nipple. Now the problem is, i have a little bit of pain there when i touch my right nipple region where the lump is at.
Avatar n tn I had a post op infection to the breast and was treated with anti biotics. I now have a swollen breast and nipple once more.. could this be the return of cancer?
Avatar f tn s death but unless it was Breast Cancer I see no family history that would increase your risk. Breast and nipple pain are rarely associated with breast cancer and most often have various causes. I would say .... have the biopsy that was recommended and see a Breast Specialist. Regards ....
Avatar m tn s not necessarily a sign of breast cancer...There are several things that could cause an inverted nipple,for example,an inflammation or infected ducts in the breast,a benign tumor or a cyst,but sometimes it could also be a sign of a serious underlying condition.It's a good thing that your wife is having this problem investigated by a physician who will most probably order a few tests such as a Mammogram/Ultrasound for a correct diagnosis. .