Breast pain men

Common Questions and Answers about Breast pain men


Dear qrein: Breast cancer in men is uncommon, particularly in young men. Usually, male breast cancer presents as a hard lump in the breast. If you are having pain in your chest, there are many possible explanations. Likewise, there are many possible explanations for swollen lymph nodes. Without examination, we cannot guess at what this could be. Our advice is to discuss this with your physician, explaining your concerns. If you remain concerned, consider a second opinion.
I went off all caffeine products for one year and the pain stopped and I have not had any problems with breast pain since....unless I drink too much caffeine, in which case I simply cut caffeine for a week or so until it gets better. My friend had the same type of discharge from her breasts and it was nothing....but it is always best to get the OB-GYN's advice.
But the lump hid away growing and was only found by me when I noticed a strange pain in my breast. As Sue suggests, I tell every man I run into these days about male breast cancer, but I'm not in the health care profession which I think could do a better job than I can to educate males on this disease. Thanks for your post.
If I am having some minor pain under my left breast (I am a male) does it mean that I have lung cancer. Or could it be something simple like gastro related?
I have been having a dull pain in my left armpit for a few months, and aches in my left breast. On occassions, I would feel pain in my right breast. I saw my PCP in November, and she suggested that I cut down on caffiene. I saw my gyn today and described my symptoms, after a breast exam, she though she felt a thickening in both breasts, but a little more in my left. The thickening is between the right and the left breast, and was tender to touch. I go for my mammogram and ultrasound on 1/23.
I thought I was the only one with the pain on my left breast. It is somewhat comforting to know that others have pain/tingling/twitching also. The pain is more in the flesh as opposed to deeper inside like just before I had my five bypasses 16 months ago. I hope that you as well as others can start to feel better soon.
hi my husband has swelling and pain in his left nipple he cant touch it because it hurts so much but he refuses to see a dr and im worried that it could be serious can men have breast cancer thanks elie.
i dont know about men, but as a woman my right breast is larger. so is one foot, ect. if its horribly bad and you hate it i suppose you can consult a plastic surgeon.
Like, you can get abscesses in your breast that cause other problems later. Tell someone you trust that you can hardly walk because of the breast pain and you think you might have mastitis. They should get you the treatment you need. If not, get yourself to a clinic. They know all about mastitis there.
I am a 46 yr old male with a family history of lung cancer and breast cancer. I have recently noticed that my right nipple has been sore, to the touch on several occasions. The soreness is not in the nipple itself, but appears to be sore behind the nipple. Could this be a sign of breast cancer.
Swelling of the lymph glands is typically a result of an inflammation or infection somewhere in the body. Like women,men can experience breast pain too and the causes could be many.The pain could be linked to injuries,muscle problem,an infection in the breast tissue caused by bacteria and also the use of some medication including drugs like steroid and marijuana. There is really nothing to be scared about going to see your doctor for a check-up.
We in this Forum are not doctors, we are just volunteer members trying our best to help other women and men with breast issues,and I am sorry if I cannot be more helpful with your other medical problems. Please see your doctor okay? Take care...
My girlfriend wants to get rid of her breasts (because of pain) and I would hate to see them go away. I was considering having her breast transplanted on to me (I am a man). My question: 1. Is this something feasible and practical? 2. What are the side affects to both of us? 3. What would be the financial and other cost to it, including recovery period? 4. Is there a medical term for this procedure? 5. Where can I get this done (or who performs this procedure)? 6.
I have been having a sharp pain on the left side between my under arm and left breast. I am concerned as my mother died of a heart attack in her 50's. I am 38 years old. My veins seem to be getting more apparent in my breast area and my legs. I sometimes have a tightness in my legs and it feels like my veins are going to snap. I sometimes also get a little numbess in my left arm. Should I be concerned?
Hello all, I am pregnant with my 4th and last child. I have never breast fed before and I figured this would be my last chance to experience this so I really want to give it a go this time around. I have read everything I could find on the subject but I just wanted some input from actual people who have breast fed. Any advice,tips,techniques,book titles,pros and cons,or personal experiences would be very helpful.
You are relatively young to get breast cancer and so was your mother if she got it at that young age as well. BRCA men and women tend to have a much higher risk for certain cancers, for women it's breast, ovarian, colon among others and for men it can be prostrate, colon, breast among others. Please contact your physician and get a PET scan done if they will do so. I would also have a transvaginal ultra sound done along with MRI. It could be you're just having a really bad week or so, or not.
~the white discharge is probably milk ~ and the shooting pains are your breasts filling up with milk ~ mine hurt a year and a half after I stopped breast feeding (breast fed for 9 months until my daughter got sick and got me sick) ~ every time I would hear a baby crying they would hurt like hell... (as weird as it is) ~ let me know about AF ~ that's the only thing I can think of.....
It's rare that men get breast cancer...but some do.The best thing to do, is to have your breast checked out by your family doctor who will examine you and see if there is any lump.As men age they are more prone to get cancer.Many men don't think that it could happen to them...but we never know and it's better to be on the safe side. Please go see your doctor to check your prostate too.Best wishes.
Lately, I have been experiencing, back pain, quite severe sometimes. I have had UTI's and kidney stones (in the past) and the pain I felt with those two conditions are similiar with the pain I am feeling now. Does anyone else with cysts feel like their kidney's hurt?
Hi , Nipple discharge is always an abnormal finding in men and should be taken seriously. It could be that you have an irritation caused by your clothing rubbing against it while you are exercising and sweating.In adolescence,nipple discharge is normal but a discharge in adult men should be followed up with some type of testing to rule out a more serious problem. Please do consult your doctor. Take care!
It is correct to think that male breast cancer appears increasingly with age. The median age for breast cancer in men in 67. There is most probably no cause for worry in your case, since the small lump and pain that you have can be due to normal growth and development of your body at this age. As you would know there are changes taking place in your body at this time and some of the changes do happen in the breast tissue which is also present in a less developed form in males.
I have looked up mastitis and found information only pertaining to women and cows. I know breast cancer for men is very rare. I just want to be sure it is only mastitis. I don't want to loose another three weeks to see if the antibiotics don't work and then have to do other tests. What are the differences in symptoms between mastitis and breast cancer? How can I be sure I have mastitis? Is waiting three weeks not going to make much difference?
Breast cancer in men is a rare disease. Less than 1% of all breast cancers occur in men. ( If you notice any persistent changes to your breasts, you should contact your doctor.
Dear mmadd29, Male breast cancer is rare, but one out of every 150 cases of breast cancer involves a man, usually in men over 60 years old. A painless breast lump is the most common sign of breast cancer, although most breast lumps in men are benign (non-cancerous) and are related to some other cause. You do not describe a specific lump in the breast and there could be a certain amount of difference between breast size, without this being a problem.
I am meeting with a surgeon to discuss options of removal or having test run to see what caused the swelling and growth of this tissue. My concern is that it is an ongoing pain in my left breast. Waiting for some information. And good luck to you sir! You are not the only one!