Skin rash pictures diagnosis

Common Questions and Answers about Skin rash pictures diagnosis


Avatar n tn i have a skin rash in my gential area and its been their for a while.i scrach it and i have sores in the area.what could it b and what can i take for it to go away and to stop itching.i never had this when i was younger it just started to happen about the begining of this year and i'm 38yrs old.i went to the doctor and they gave me some nystatin cream and it doesn't work at all for anything.can u show me some pictures and i can pick out what it may with names.thank u very much.
Avatar n tn My adult son has an itch blotchy rash on face and neck..His doctor gave him steroids and creme and lamisil medication. He hasnt seen a change in the rash. Can you help?
Avatar n tn i have an rash on my penis an testicle. if you please look at at these pictures an tell me what it looks like and how to treat it.
Avatar n tn Hello, This rash can be due to dermatitis skin. It could be irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry.
Avatar n tn Since then the areas are still there. They seem to get worse after sex. The areas become flaky and a thin layer of discolored skin will peel off(especially after showering or sex). I have been diagnosed with eczema before. I also have these areas around my nostrils and one area on my ankle that is very similar. I was concerned it could be herpes, but it doesnt look anything like the pictures i have seen. If you could give me your opinion i would appreciate it.
Avatar m tn Anyway the dr didn't know, as I suspected. She said it's something to do with the skin pigmentation, not a rash, and if it doesn't get any "worse" there's nothing we need to do about it. I find it very strange that this is happening to my skin all of a sudden, though.
Avatar m tn I have never had any issues like this on my skin. Can I take pictures and have someone take a look who knows what this sounds like and can help me, I am worried I may be sick?
Avatar n tn But now, he says it doesn't hurt, doesn't itch, and there is tighten of the skin around the rash. The Circle rash looks like he's been burn with a quarter that had been laid out in the sun for a very long time. The rash is tight, red , and has hard blisters around the edge that looks like it won't pop. I thought he may have been bitten by some kind of bug or spider while he was sleeping.
Avatar m tn Hello i am an 18 year old from florida, this started out as a skin rash between my fingers then got on my arms some how (probably from scratching) Can someone please tell me or give me a clue to what this is. They do not itch however. Pictures/
Avatar f tn It heals slowly and with scarring. Though blisters are the most common skin manifestations of PCT, other skin manifestations like hyperpigmentation (as if they are getting a tan) and hypertrichosis (mainly on top of the cheeks) also occur. PCT is a chronic condition, with external symptoms often subsiding and recurring as a result of a number of factors.
Avatar m tn Hello i am an 18 year old from florida, this started out as a skin rash between my fingers then got on my arms some how (probably from scratching) Can someone please tell me or give me a clue to what this is. They do not itch however. Pictures/ ( ) ( ) ( http://i1183.photobucket.
Avatar n tn Hi, I saw the pics and it looks like a fungal infection and I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist as you might need a local antifungal cream along with the scraping of the rash to confirm a diagnosis of the fungal infection. I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted.
Avatar n tn May I also add that there is no dry, cracked skin around the rash, nor is it crusty or blistered.
Avatar m tn I've had a skin rash going on for about 9 months. No idea what's causing it or how to treat it and I haven't been in the position to go to the skin doctor due to lack of money. It started on my left arm down by the elbow. It was only skin colored at first, then it got red and blotchy. As time went on, it slowly spread up my forearm. Then little tiny blister like places showed up on my fingers and hand and then the other forearm and hand started showing the weird rash.
Avatar m tn Hello, There are some possibilities which need to be evaluated and these include eczema, psoriasis, drug reaction, urticaria, erythema multiforme or systemic diseases like sarcoidosis or amyloidosis. To confirm the diagnosis, you need to get a biopsy skin done. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor.
Avatar f tn I was thinking its jock itch but i dont read anywhere that jock itch is on the penis and also it doesnt look like the pictures. Also, the rash on my thigh is not in the skin fold its in the middle. (its not that big like 3 inches in diameter) It also does not hurt when i urinate or cause me any other problems other than itch. The bumps do not ooze anything or disharge liquid. they are red and have no white.
Avatar m tn You should a general physician for diagnosis and treatment.. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
1967803 tn?1325683073 The New Zealand Dermatological Society has lots of info and good pictures of a variety of skin conditions. I do think these reactions can stem from autoimmune causes but I've never heard of them being specifically associated with MS or flare activity. Even though there don’t seem to be successful treatments I'd definitely see the dermatologist (or a rheumatologist) to be sure of a diagnosis and treatments. I had uticaria and hives mixed with dermotographism quite a few years ago.
Avatar f tn I thought the rash was getting better Tues afternoon and I was happy and relieved, but Wed morning when I woke the rash had worsened again and my skin was burning! I took myself to hosp and they told me to increase the steroid tablet to 8 for the next 2 days and if no better, then to go back to my own doctor. It is now Friday afternoon here and I have made a further app at my doctors as rash is still there and moving to different places and I am also bruising!!!
Avatar f tn Hello, Unfortunately there were no pictures attached. From your post I assume that the rash is spreading and in such cases viral infections and bacterial infection like impetigo need to be ruled out. It causes blister like sores on the body. Primarily caused by Staphylococcus aureus and sometimes by Streptococcus pyogenes. Topical and oral antibiotics are the treatment of choice. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get them prescribed after getting the diagnosis confirmed.
1518259 tn?1290834345 I recently got a skin rash on my inner fore arm. It is about the size of a quarter, all red, itchy, and perfectly round. The skin within the rash looks a little dry and flaky. The area surrounding the rash is also slightly swollen. I don't recall getting bit by any insects. I first noticed some tiny red bumps (about 3) clustered together on my arm. From there it grew taking on a circular shape and started to get very itchy.
Avatar n tn Some conditions are peculiar to the genitals, but most genital rashes are simply the many causes of skin rash anywhere on the body. The only STD that conceivably could be responsible is syphilis, but that also seems very unlikely. If this problem clears up, which I expect it will do, I would just let it go. If it persists, you should seek professional attention, perhaps from a dermatologist. Whatever is going on, you really shouldn't be concerned about HPV, herpes, or any other STD.
463595 tn?1334000822 Can anyone help - I have a raised, sore, itchy rash around the front of my neck. Dr said it is a skin infection and so on antibiotics, but each night my eyes swell, my lips are sore and my neck drives me mad with being so itchy.
1325093 tn?1302634436 Light Eyes - Sensitive Skin - Female - Lives in stressful environment The first time I got this rash all over my face, the doctor thought it was LUPUS, considering the fact that the rash shared the same "butterfly effect". I was tested, twice, and both times, it was a negative for lupus. Which left me hearing the doctor say, "just stay out of the sun, you'll be fine." and then getting a prescription for prednazone to bring down the swelling and burning.
Avatar m tn Hello, I am currently suffering from an unknown skin rash/condition primarily on the front of my neck (collar area). It is difficult to describe completely and is subtle enough that I have ignored it for several years. It began as a small isolated patch of redness. The skin has become bumpy or even could be described as scaly. No lesions, scabs, or significant discoloration occurs but at various points in the day it will become bright red and be irritated.