Allergy symptoms jewelry

Common Questions and Answers about Allergy symptoms jewelry


Avatar m tn I have never reacted to jewelry or shrimp, but am going to have a bloodtest for shellfish allergy. I'm down to 7.5 mg prednisone and mostly just having a fairly constant rash and itching now. I'm really hoping that the other symptoms don't come back. Betbri, what problems are you having? Were you given contrast IV for a CT? I wasn't aware of metallic content in contrast.
Avatar f tn Normally a rash is caused by a titanium piece-usually jewelry touching the skin. An implant usually does not cause a localized allergic reaction. IT can either cause a generalized rash, or a burning sensation, listlessness, pain at the site or even a feeling of extreme fatigue, low grade fever etc. Again titanium implant allergy is rare. However, do consult your doctor for clarification. In all probability it is some other allergy or dermatitis, or eczema.
Avatar n tn My opinion is that you are allergic to the nickel in the metals that are not gold. So, you can't wear those types of earrings. There is no treatment for this allergy unless they have a allergist who can give you shots to desensitize you. It doesn't sound like this is an option for anyway. After you got the allergy to the metal, then you may have infected it by scratching it. You may need to get to a doctor to see if it is infected too.
237053 tn?1258828426 Does lyme cause one to become more sensitive to things such as metals,jewelry, and medicine? I have become sensitive to certain jewelry that never bothered me before (necklaces that now make my neck itch), and still thinking maybe the rash on my belly is a nickel allergy from pants. Also I am SO sensitive to medication. I don't remember being this way always.
Avatar f tn There could be many chemical allergy possibilities. A chemical used in manufacturing the toy or a product you have used to clean the toy that has left some residue. It could also be coinsidental. Many people have delayed alelrgic reactions. If this is the case, finding the allergen will be much harder. Allergies develop or can worsen at any time. I would recommend that you put the toys she has reacted to up for a while at least until you see the dr.
Avatar m tn People who suffer from this disorder should avoid contact with triggering factors like soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, and detergents. Sometimes sweat, changes in temperature and psychological stress are known to trigger these episodes. So, the best way to prevent attacks is to identify those substances which you are allergic to and avoid them. Consult your primary care physician for therapy. If the need arises he may refer you to a dermatologist. Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar f tn This is NOT contact dermatitis. I have that when I wear jewelry and this is not the same sypptoms. My palms are not red until after I am digging at them. It is so severe that I have bruised the palms of my hands (both hands) from the scratching. There is no redness or dryness. I had my liver enzymes checked and they are within normal range. Doctor gave me ointment to use and it helps, but does not stop it.
Avatar n tn This is happening at least once a month and the cycle takes about 1 week to complete.
Avatar f tn I tested negative for celiacs. My question is if anyone knows of a food allergy that causes chronic lip dryness and peeling? Thanks!!!
Avatar m tn In this disorder contact with triggering factors like soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, and detergents causes symptoms. Sometimes sweat, changes in temperature and psychological stress are known to trigger these episodes. The best way is to prevent attacks by identify those substances which you are allergic to and avoid them. So, Allergy testing would be worth looking into.
1656931 tn?1302617825 Eczema could be triggered with other allergens, as gluten sensitivity is more likely to cause gastrointestinal symptoms. So, Allergy testing would be worth looking into. And treatment is with cortisone based creams, which need to be very potent and of increased strength to heal the lesions. Apply constantly plenty of good moisturizing creams and alternate with steroid creams. Use a humidifier in the rooms to avoid dryness. Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar n tn I wear jewelry but I have never had a reaction to it that i can tell (save that now i get outbreaks under the one ring i wear, but i think that's just because the skin underneath gets dry...and this only started happening recently, but I've been wearing this ring for months). The cream I meantioned above I only use when it gets really bad. Otherwise I use aloe vera to remoisturize it, or an OTC cream.
Avatar f tn In this disorder contact with triggering factors like soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, and detergents causes symptoms. Sometimes sweat, changes in temperature and psychological stress are known to trigger these episodes. Psoriasis is an auto immune disorder that can cause dry cracked hands. Genetic and immunologic theories have been predicted as causes for psoriasis. Metabolic disorders like diabetes and hypothyroidism can aggravate the symptoms.
5685359 tn?1372432594 I have my tragus pierced, which they had me take it out at the hospital. It grew over and I was thinking about getting it repierced, but I am pumping so I read about it. Most people recommend not doing it while nursing in case of an infection. I had never had an infection before but when I got my tragus pierced (professionally) I had a metal allergy and got this huge bump. I've never had this issue before, even with cheap Walmart jewelry.
Avatar f tn They felt like sand paper and often developed tiny bumps. If rubbed hard enough, the bumps would produce a clear liquid.After notice these symptoms i stopped using Vaseline petroleum jelly and start using Desi Ghee as a home made remedies but it seems useeless for me.Now i am using boroline but still my lips are burning and dry and have became black. Can you please suggest me what can i use to make my lips softer and pink?
431531 tn?1254098206 Instead I went on the internet to find out what could be causing me to have the dermatitis. It turns out that dermatitis can be caused if you have an allergy to nickel (like in jewelry) I HAVE that allergy. My ears always get infected when I wear earrings that nickel in them. I stopped wearing earrings altogether. Slowly but surely the dermatitis has cleared up. Hurray!!!
Avatar m tn I started to develop a rash around my waist and around my chest area where my bra was. Allergy patch testing determined that I was allergic to latex/spandex, formaldahyde and nickle. I had thought it strange that the itchiest parts were right where the back of the rivet on the button of my jeans where it hit my skin was the itchiest. The metal contains nickle and was irritating my skin.
Avatar f tn The rash is exactly the same as the rash I get from wearing fake jewelry. ( I believe I have a nickle allergy) My doctors do not seem to know what causes this bruise to rash issue. I have a theory and I would like to know what Medical professionals or others who have experienced the problem think of the theory. I think that the blood contains metals in minute amounts. The blood starts to dissipate and because the metals are heavier than the blood and solid, they stay longest.
Avatar n tn You may or may not be able to tolerate another piercing later? You may have developed an allergy to the metal used in the piercing jewelry , which is not the best quality of metal to start with. You may need some antibiotics as well. I would recommend pulling it and using the sea salt swishes or medicated mouth wash until healed, if condition worsens see you doctor because the infection can get in your blood stream causing sepsis and if left untreated can lead to death.
Avatar f tn I used to get "mini panic attacks" all the time juss by doin' regular things that I used to do. Like one day after lunch comin' back to work, I went to go grab the Jewelry keys from the Csm's, walked to the Service Desk to get returns, then walked all the way back to Jewelry Counter with the returns and keys and my heart was beating so fast like I juss ran a marathon, then I was having trouble breathing so I had to go sit down In the break room and drink some cold water.
Avatar f tn You should go back to your piercer and show them your ears and see what they have to say. If it's just an allergy and you went to a professional shop, they'll have no problem swapping the jewelry out for you to something else, and they can make recommendations for aftercare. If you got your ears done at a mall kiosk... well, I feel for you. Go find yourself a reputable piercing/tattoo shop and don't ever look back at those silly stands in the mall.