Lovenox and labor and delivery

Common Questions and Answers about Lovenox and labor and delivery


Avatar n tn why he/she wants to deliver you this way. Your wishes do count and it's important you feel comfortable and confident in how the actual delivery takes place.
Avatar n tn I am on lovenox 40mg once a day....I am 30 weeks pregnant now....I too was worried....but everything is going fine with this pregnancy....I had 3 m/c in a row and after testing they did find out I had a blood clotting disorder. Please feel free to ask me anything....Many blessings to you....
Avatar n tn oh, for lovenox, I think if you end up using it, you should also know that people who use lovenox and need to have surgery actually go off the lovenox for 24 hours before surgery then resume lovenox after the surgery when it is safe. I guess it is hard to know when you would go into labor, so it may be hard to know when to stop the lovenox.
281219 tn?1219118514 I don't know which doctor I will have during delivery but it is one of two.. and both I know very well and trust each very much! I don't see why he would have given you the papers and not mentioned that he would not be the one delivering unfortunately. That would just PI$$ me off to no end! I hope you get some resolve on this and find a good doctor, for our time is dwindling down and we need to know we are in good hands and so will our baby be! Good Luck!!
Avatar f tn I am currently 25 weeks and have been on Lovenox since week 6. I have a blood clotting problem. I will have a csection at 36 weeks but that is due to other health problems. I will have to have those stupid leg vacuun things while in hospital to keep circulation. I hate those things very loud and you can't move. Plus will have to continue Lovenox for 8 weeks after birth.
Avatar n tn Hi I did IUI on Saturday and am now doing the dreadful 2WW and I am already feeling discouraged but not defeated. I have PMS signs and it sucks cuz IF and WHEN AF shows up I'm gonna feel like burying my self under my sheets and never waking up. Don't mean to seem negative but today I am feeling prety down. Anyhow good luck to both of us.
1571146 tn?1399913292 Belly measuring right on track now too, while before we were 2 weeks ahead. Next growth scan on 1/13! No big head PLEASE lol. I am still on lovenox and have been instructed to stay on it until the day prior to induction. That date is tentatively set for 1/27 pending confirmation from the hospital.
193609 tn?1292183893 Also, since I have a personal history of preterm labor, and a family history of preterm labor, the risk of going into labor preterm is almost a given. Lovenox takes 24 hrs to clear your system. So Mike and I asked ourselves....if I got pregnant, and we were in the same situation we were in with Ashtyn (Cord around his neck 6 times, if not delivered immediatly, he would die), what would we do. Would we wait the 24 hrs and hope the baby was still fine or risk my life to save the baby?
Avatar n tn i only transfered 1 five day blast and im 11weeks preggo! i had some mild cramps about 4 day after the transfer and i started doing hpt at 5 dp transfer. it was + and got darker every day! how many days past transfer are you and are you going to test with htp? i could not stand it. a girl that i met at my clinic and she did the same as me on the same days as me did not test + till 2 days before beta. let me know.
Avatar f tn I did start lovenox injections for the blood clotting disorder and that has been working out fine. I go on Monday to the dr for the nuchal test? whatever (sp?) They do a u/s and blood work for risk of whatever. I didn't want to do it but I want to see my baby again...see all is okay. I am's been postponed. I'd like to wait until I have the baby but I don't think that is realistic.
523025 tn?1227561225 So i went for my 25 week d/a today and it looks as if i'm going to have this little girl earlier than expected. We discussed my section and the doctor wants me off all lovenox/heparin for at least a week before he does the surgery. Since i went into labor with my daughter at 39 weeks he thinks i'll go earlier than that with this one. So he is giving me an amnio at 37.5 weeks to see if her lungs are developed - if so he said he will deliver her between 37.5 and 38 weeks.
159354 tn?1286371288 I'll be on blood thinners for 6 weeks after delivery....and that can't help matters? Please let me know if I'm overreacting....
Avatar f tn I'm on Lovenox and this is my second birth and they will induce me again...just pitocin and breaking your water is all they will usually do..good luck!!
Avatar n tn Hi. So sorry to hear about your loss. It brought tears to my eyes and I have been thinking of you. I am also positive for IGM anticardiolipins with IGG and IGA normal range. I am currently 20.3 wks pregnant after repeated losses ranging from 8 wks to 14 wks. I spent 2 yrs at an infertility clinic and pregnant via IVF(poor egg quality/ovulation problems). I take one b-aspirin/day until 35 wks. During tx I would take 1 during cycle day 1-3 then 2 days 3-???. Once pregnancy confirmed 1 aday.
Avatar f tn Has anyone had a successful delivery with a PE on Lovenox? So stressed right now...I'm 21 weeks and due July 21.
Avatar f tn O go for a growth ultrasound in 3 weeks and depending on how everything looks I'm gonna ask to b induced at 34 once babies receives steroid shots for his lungs with my pregnancy I have my heart problem to watch also and they want it to b assisted delivery and induction because I'm 2½ hrs away from my high risk drs.. So hopefully everything works out good.
1155599 tn?1321894534 Okay, so to make a long story short I'm 18wks pregnant and have lupus and a blood clotting problem that goes along with lupus so I'm considered high risk. I had to consult with a high risk dr just as a precaution in case there were problems and he had to deliver me. I gues it was more to ease my regular OB's mind. I haven't had any problems or issues with my pregnancy (out of the norm...
178698 tn?1228777938 It's always disheartening to start shopping around for new doctors. One method I've recommended is to call your labor and delivery unit wherever you think you might deliver at. Be sweet as pie, tell them you are new to the area or some other tiny white fib, and would like to know some names of good, high risk OB's. In the daytime, it's often very busy and they might not be able to talk to you as much, so I tell people to call around 8pm or so.
374593 tn?1257883550 we are goign a little early since i'm on the blood thinners and we want to have a more controlled situation than going into labor unexpectatly while on the heparin, and also i had to discontinue my asprin a week ago - and I get more nervous the longer i'm off of it - for still birth/blood clots etc... Anyone have a c section at this point and were your babies ok? thanks so much!
Avatar f tn It only got worse and at 26 weeks I ended up having bad continuous contractions, went to labor and delivery and got a positive FFN, my cervix was 6-7mm long, dilated 1cm. They kept me that night and haven't left yet. In the mean time my cervix has shortened to nothing, thinned to 100% effaced with funneling, and I've had a lot of nothing happen most days, but several days where I've cranked out contractions like crazy going into preterm labor.
167664 tn?1203976220 This could be very possible since I have already been on bedrest and had my labor stopped once. My mood swings and misery are getting out of control at this point. If one more person asks me when I'm due, or I have to explain how far I am, or hear one more person tell me I've dropped then 10 minutes later someone else tell me that I haven't dropped, I swear, I'm going to go postal!!! Anyone else feel like you are going to explode????
11587059 tn?1427631863 I have to call labor and delivery and the nurses answer and say we can't give you medical advice over the phone...
7923170 tn?1413003104 Coming from a labor nurse, there are very few cases where we don't want moms pushing due to heart surgeries. Also, a c section is the best way to avoid strain on the heart for the delivery of a baby so I'm not sure why someone said you must not have a c section. .. and, weight of a fetus by sono is highly inaccurate, they are usually wrong bh y a few pounds. And lastly, your body is made to have babies, don't be dumb and refuse to push out a baby that might be big..
Avatar f tn ny friend who is a labor and delivery nurse said leave every option open and thats what I plan to do im not really worried about going into labor Im tryibg to stay calm for the baby so I dont stress him out but ya I believe right now I can do it all natual because thats how women hae been doing it for centuries before pain meds were introduced but if the pain does get unbearable then ya im going to have to give in lol
988003 tn?1292212100 Week 16 had major cramping and pressure pains - was advised to go to Labor and Delivery because I was having contractions (was scared out of our minds) and turns out it was a false alarm. 18 week u/s doctor tells us that smaller baby is still about 4 days behind and it may be chromosomal abnormities. We opt out of testing but she insists that we get tested for Trisomy 21 (downs).
Avatar n tn She sent me to see a high risk perinatologist who said I can get pregnant but would need to be on blood thinners (lovenox) the entire pregnancy and would need a c section vs vaginal delivery to reduce risk of resection. I recently went to see a neurologist at the insistence of my OB for clearance to get pregnant.. he said although I'm higher risk than the average pregnant woman he didn't think it was so high risk that I shouldnt consider pregnancy..
Avatar n tn Last october I found out I was pregnant and was immediately put on Lovenox injections 2x a day and aspirin. The month before my due date I was switched to Heparin injections in preparation of the birth. During that week I experienced Heparin induced thrombocytopenia. This caused me to have an induction (which failed I might add) a month early.
Avatar n tn At 38 weeks, we all got a bit nervous with the numbness and induced labor, however they did let me have a normal delivery, despite everyone's hesitation about re-dissection. My neurologist was/is Dr. Steven Kittner at U of MD. We wondered about the stress of delivery, we had originally planned on a heavy epidural with a passive second stage, but I decided I wanted to do natural childbirth and I did. Since then, I've also delivered a baby girl at age 35 with no complications.
377493 tn?1356505749 NICU was wonderful there and my twin sons came home 6 weeks later, but labor and delivery i would have been better off doing allmost anywhere else. They are now 4.THis brings us to now and here we are with this little one on the way. We were surprised but happy and i can only think this is why my tubes being tied never happened like it was supost to, and this child was ment for us.
Avatar n tn My husband and I went to the ER to be on the safe side and at our Hospital they do not delivery babies we have to go out of town, but they listen for the hear beat and the nurse says that she hears the cord so we thought that if the cord was pumping then the baby would be fine surly. We were then sent to my delivering hospital about a half hour away and by the time I had gotten there there was no longer any spotting.