Fluconazole over counter

Common Questions and Answers about Fluconazole over counter


Avatar f tn I will try and call my gp see if I can get another script if not if I can buy it over the counter or something. I haven't got a clue whats going on really at the moment and I don't think the Gp has either. I had infected groin glands and blood and bacteria in my water specimen plus chronic back and abdominal pain.
Avatar f tn She told yes but their not recommended for pregnant woman. So she told me to use one of the over the counter treatments like monistant (not sure if spelled correctly) I personally wouldn't risk taking it. Even the pharmacists told you its not recommended. And like I mentioned my doc also said its not recommended.
Avatar f tn You can try another type of drug that is not ending in azole as the fungi get resistant to these. One is Lamisil (terbinafine). It is an over the counter cream (topical) or maybe they have a spray. Use it as directed. Usually 2-3 times a day externally for about a week or week and a half. Are you a man or woman? Is it external? If not you can't use this internally. But they can give you different medication. But I can talk to you about that if it is internal.
Avatar f tn Take over the counter monistat cream inserts. Or you can use the generic store brand.. You will find it in the isle near the pregnancy tests and things of that nature. Look for monistat.....there are a bunch of different kinds...1 days...3 days....7 days.....and below that you can find the generic brands of monistat..... This is the only thing you can use during pregnancy to get rid of a yeast infection, and unfortunately, its not a pill you take orally. They are inserts that you use vaginally.
Avatar n tn I think you mean penis! It is likely that you have a fungal infection. You can get over the counter (from the pharmacy) antifungal creams to treat yeast infections on your genitals. As a home remedy, apply natural set yogurt to your penis after washing it with water (no soap). Soap changes the pH level and will aggravate the delicate skin. A doctor would be able to prescribe an antifungal cream or a one oral dose of Fluconazole.
Avatar f tn By getting an antifungal from the pharmacy. They are all over the counter so you don't need a prescription. You can use a cream or a pessary ie clotrimazole. Or you can take a tablet ie fluconazole.
Avatar f tn It could be a sign of an STI or more likely thrush. You may want to go and get an over the counter antifungal from the pharmacy ie fluconazole or clotrimazole.
Avatar f tn To determine if it is indeed a yeast infection if it is they can prescribe you an antifungal like fluconazole or you could buy over the counter products like vagasil or monastat.
869568 tn?1248376515 the cream over the counter inserts are safe during pregnancy. You are just not supposed to take the pull diflucan/fluconazole.
Avatar n tn I searched for the tampon, didnt find it but found lots of white substance. I want to treat it with over the counter meds, but what if it truly is a tampon still there?
Avatar n tn I have had a red rash on my groin. None of the over the counter jock itch medicines worked. I went to the doctor and he said it did not look like jock itch, but seemed to behave like it...it gets worse when I exercise/sweat. I took fluconazole 150 mg one pill per week. It almost went away completely...after I finished the course of treatment it has now started to come back. Should I go back on fluconazole?
Avatar f tn Sounds crazy but I've battled them a lot this pregnancy and have been told to pick up over the counter treatments. The 3 day treatment. But I was also told by my ob that inserting yogurt yes yogurt 1 tablespoon every other day is a natural cure. I was skeptical but its worked for me.
Avatar f tn I agree, it could be thrush. All the treatments are over the counter. You can get the tablet (fluconazole) or any of the creams or pessaries ie Canesten over the counter at the pharmacy.
Avatar f tn Could be thrush (yeast infection) and needs an antifungal like fluconazole (tablet) or clotrimazole (cream, pessary). This is available over the counter at the pharmacy. Your boyfriend needs to be treated to. He could be asymptomatic but you could cross infect each other if only one of you is treated. Alternatively see a doctor.
Avatar n tn Could be thrush and you need to be treated with an antifungal like fluconazole (single does tablet) or clotrimazole (if you prefer a cream or pessary). Both available over the counter. If the area is tender than urinating will irritate it and make it sting. But it could also be something else. Have you been having unprotected sex because there's the risk of an STD? Probably worth you going to your doctor but might be worth trying the antifungal.
125112 tn?1217277462 I ended up with horrendous oral thrush and the other kind as well . Go back to your Dr before it gets any worse is my advice. You can buy fluconazole over the counter but I'd check with your Dr first to make sure thats what it is. Take care.
Avatar f tn The doctor gave it a quick look and diagnosed it as a yeast infection and prescribed me fluconazole. I barely tool my first pill last night but I still have minor redness. Initially I thought it went way completely when I got up to pee in the middle of the night but after walking around today it appears there is still redness and some minor itching.
Avatar m tn Ask a pharmacist since this is sold over the counter they can answer that question for free. Or do what I do call a 24 hour one that is in a different area and ask on phone do you do not need to be embarrassed.
Avatar n tn I started treating a yeast infection with an over the counter treatment about four days ago, i had the itching, clear discharge and white on the outside of my vulva, then two days ago i took prescription fluconazole and starting yesterday i had alot of clumpy white discharge. When i have douched the past two days there were alot of white flakes coming out which also didnt happen before the treatment. Some itching and soreness has returned in the past two days.
525485 tn?1314364901 I know that during pregnancy, you are allowed to use Monistat or over the counter treatments similiar to monistat (store brands) to treat yeast infections, but I was wondering if there were any oral medications you can take. I know that you cant take diflucan (fluconazole ~generic for diflucan) but I was wondering if there was anything else. My doctors office is not open yet so I will be calling them when they are available, but was wondering if any of you ladies knew anything about this.
Avatar n tn You can go to a drug store and get an over the counter test kit to see if you have one. There are many antibiotics that wipe out the good bacteria you have in your vaginal area that helps keep the yeast at bay and when you take certain antibiotics (penicillin in particular-one of the worst for this) it will cause the yeast to multiply since there is no good bacteria to stop it and cause a yeast infection.
461010 tn?1208486059 its very common guys , and can be treated with over counter medicine ! the only way to prevent it is to use dental dams .
Avatar m tn Till then, apply cold compresses on the rashes and keep the area clean. Take some over the counter pain reliever and antihistaminics like Claritin to control itching. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.
Avatar f tn Other things that cause it include sweating in the area ie wearing non natural cloth underwear (always use cotton). The treatment is simple. You just need an over the counter antifungal from your pharmacy. You can get pessaries, cream or an oral tablet. And they include things like clotrimazole and fluconazole. Some are one dose treatments and others you need to apply/insert for 3/6 days.
Avatar f tn It's caused by an overgrowth of the naturally occurring Candida albicans yeast found in your body. Treatment involves getting an over the counter anti fungal from the pharmacy. You can use a cream or pessary ie clotrimazole (Canesten) or take a single dose tablet ie fluconazole (Diflucan). At the same time you might want to take some probiotics to help recolonise the good bacteria in your gut.
Avatar f tn All you need to do to treat it is to get an antifungal from the chemist. They are generally available over the counter so you don't need to go to the doctor. You can get a once only tablet (fluconazole - Diflucan) or you can use a cream or pessary such as canesten (clotrimazole). It is very common to get thrush after antibiotics as they kill off all the good bacteria and allow there to be an overgrowth of Candida (the yeast that causes thrush).
Avatar f tn You could have thrush that needs to be treated with an over the counter antifungal. You may want to take a tablet (ie fluconazole) or use a cream or pessary (ie clotrimazole). What did the doctor say when you saw him the last time. But at any rate you probably need to see someone and get it diagnosed.
Avatar m tn It sounds like you have either a yeast infection or BV (bacterial vaginosis). My guess is it's BV though. Yeast infections can be cured with over the counter medicines, but BV will not go away on it's own and will need doctor prescribed antibiotics to get rid of it. Just head in to see your doc and he/she can take a simple sample that can test for BV, or both infections, and get you what you need to get rid of it!