Throat cancer types

Common Questions and Answers about Throat cancer types

throat

Avatar n tn I came across in a magizine at work about this also being linked to throat cancer and have been pretty worried ever since. I would think if I had HPV 16 my husband would have too, and I have been performing oral sex on him for years 7/8 years hundrends of times. I feel like my case is a little different than others about this topic bc I had abnormal cells "down there" so wouldnt there be a good chance i have them in my throat as well being exposed to it many times?
Avatar m tn Despite all the publicity in recent years about one HPV type (HPV 16) causing throat cancer, that remains a rare problem and even in people with oral HPV 16 infection, the large majority don't get cancer. Based on this question and the one you asked last month on the herpes expert forum, you seem somewhat overly concerned about STD transmission by mouth or through other non-sexual routes. Such infections are extremely rare if they occur at all. Don't worry about it.
Avatar n tn Hi, A human papillomavirus (HPV) may progress to precancerous lesions and invasive cancer such as cervical cancer, anal cancer, vulvar cancer, and penile cancer. Several types of HPV is also associated with oropharyngeal squamous-cell carcinoma.(ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus). There are no other areas of the body identified that are associated with the HPV virus. Take care and regards.
Avatar f tn There are many types of cough but Is there a specific type of cough that will be consider a symptom of lung cancer? This discussion is related to <a href="/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Tickle-in-throat-makes-me-cough-and-choke/show/284228">Tickle in throat makes me cough and choke</a>.
Avatar f tn Are there types of HPV that don't affect your genitals? I had a Papilloma removed from my tonsil and am worried about spreading it to my genitals, or to my boyfriend, neither of us have any signs of HPV other than the papilloma in my throat.
Avatar m tn I don't think headaches are a symptom of thyroid cancer. If you are really worried about thyroid cancer though see a doctor for a few tests. Thyroglobulin serum is elevated in the most common types of thyroid cancer. I have had both your symptoms due to magnesium deficiency. Might not be your reason but it is known magnesium levels in the body are lower in the afternoon.
Avatar m tn I am wondering what the likelihood of having the infection in my throat or eyes as well. I do not have any symptoms in my eyes, but i have had what feels like congestion in my throat. I was treated with a shot and oral antibiotics. My question is - how does treatment differ for infections of genitals vs throat or eyes. If I am infected in my throat, do I need additional treatment? Thanks.
Avatar f tn He can have anal cancer, penile cancer, throat cancer.
Avatar f tn Ask for a copy of the biopsy pathology report and post it word for word here. Different types of atypical cells carry higher likelihood of cancer than others. For instance, "atypical of undetermined significance" is about 10% chance of cancer. Follicular lesion/follicular neoplasm is about 20%. Suspicious for papillary cancer is much higher, around 70%.
Avatar f tn Blood tests standard. Doctor now scheduling bronchoscopy for next week. Cancer is prevalent of all types in my mothers family. I had throat cancer in 1980 that was cleared by 1981.
Avatar f tn Mild cough, sore dry nose with some bleeding, post nasal drip, and scratchy throat and chest. Before I was diagnosed I was tested for a lump in throat feeling whenever I drank something. I got a barrium swallow and it was normal so i assumed it was an anxiety issue, Then after I got the pneumonia i saw something on the internet about aspiration pneumonia and it scared me because I still feel lump in throat and nausea at times. Could I have aspirated something into my lungs?
Avatar f tn Ive been reading about how HPV is linked to throat cancer and I am EXTREMEMLY worried and freaking out, (because of my pre-cancerous condition in the past.) I do not smoke or drink, so ive read thats a plus. So, my overall question is.....I had both dysplasia and warts. I thought low-risk HPV gave you warts and high-risk could give you cancer. Is there a type that produces both? or is it possible I have two strains of HPV? Should I be worried about throat cancer?
Avatar f tn At least a dozen types of HPV can sometimes lead to cancer, though two in particular (types 16 and 18) lead to the majority of cancer cases. These are called high-risk HPV. Cervical cancer is most commonly linked to HPV, but HPV can also cause cancer in your vulva, vagina, penis, anus, mouth, and throat. "There’s no cure for HPV. But there’s a lot you can do to keep HPV from having a negative impact on your health.
Avatar f tn Anyway times have changed and now weve learnt that Michael Douglas had throat cancer from hpv and are a bit worried for ourselves. Can you explain his chances of developing this cancer and what we can do to be proactive about it, such as oral screenings. Thanks.
Avatar f tn Gardesil, only protects you against two types of high risk HPV. These are types 16 and 18 and two types of low risk HPV which are types 6 and 11 (which cause genital warts). However, there are at least 14 total types that are considered high risk HPV types so that the vaccine does not cover all high risk types only the most common (70%) of them. It also doesn't protect against all genital wart types just the most common too. 2. Yes high risk types of HPV will cause cancer.
Avatar n tn Hello all! I am hoping someone can help me here. For the past few days I have had a nonstop throbbing headache, mostly on my right side from the middle down through my ear through my neck. I also have a sore throat and a stiff neck on the same side of the headache. I have no insurance and last time I went to a clinic it ended up costing me an arm and a leg and I have no money for that right now. Could it be an infection? cancer? strep throat? what's the most logical answer at this point.
1142320 tn?1261359451 One of them is at least twice the size of the other one and they are both inflamed, both types of antibiotics (one stronger then the other) did not work. my test came back negative for mono and strep. The only pain i recieved was at the beginning for 3 days and then the pain went away. But it hurt alot i could not talk or eat and i had huge body aches also. It happened the first night of my menstral cycle that month.
Avatar f tn throat cancer, head cancer, neck cancer, lung cancer and all genital cancers. Can someone tell me the risk of getting other types of cancer when having HPV, and what to do to pervent that.
Avatar m tn Diagnosis is the hardest thing, but remember, thyroid cancer is almost 100% curable. As a sibling, you should also be tested, after I found my cancer, my sister was tested and had the same, another sister is being watched.
Avatar f tn Vaccines are now available to prevent infection with types of HPV that can lead to cervical cancer. Soonfast was awarded patent right from the Chinese Government (ZL200510012287.0). It is a highly recommended Personal care supplies for warts and surface genital warts, especially for herpes simplex virus(HSV), human papillomavirus(HPV) skin mucous membrane infection from the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine P.R. China.
Avatar f tn In terms of the types of HPV that can cause throat cancer, does anyone know what the approximate clearance rate is in men? Most of the studies I've looked into just talk about the clearance rate over a relatively short period of time, such as 6 months or a year. But I'm wanting to know what percentage of men clear these types of HPV on their own at some point in their lives, whether it be 6 months, 5 years, 10 years, etc.
1721389 tn?1309564443 actually you aren't likely to have 13 different types of hpv. I'm guessing your test results returned with 13 different types of hpv listed which means that it didn't specifically differentiate which type it was , only that you have high risk hpv of which those 13 different types are considered high risk. hope that helps you better understand your test results! could you have hpv orally? You could but we don't have any commercially available tests to test for it.
Avatar m tn The average age of acquiring oral HPV 16 (the only type associated with throat cancer) is 20-30, but the average age at onset of throat cancer is 50-60. By contrast, most cervical cancer probably occurs within 10 years acquiring HPV. You can do the math. The issue of throat cancer with HPV isn't all that new; it's been an active area of research for a decade or so. Here are a couple threads about it: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Oral-HPV-Cancer-Risk/show/1512873 http://www.
Avatar n tn My daughter is almost 2, my mother and aunt both died w/ breast cancer, and I was also diagnosed at 30yrs old. My daughter has had a fever for 2 weeks as high as 106.8 several times. The doctor has given an antibiotic, but is unsure of the cause. We've also been noticing her left nipple has turned white. We didn't think much about the nipple until she just told us it was hurting. Is it possible for an infant to get breast cancer, or what might be the other causes for this?
Avatar n tn Over 90% of external genital warts are due to HPV types 6 and 11, and most of the others also are caused by "low risk" types -- i.e., HPV strains that rarely if ever cause cancer. Your wart virus infection does not risk malignancy in your partners. Of course you might well have had a high risk infection at one time or another, since HPV 16, 18, and other high risk types are the most common overall types among the 85% of the poplulation that gets HPV.