T3 cytomel uk

Common Questions and Answers about T3 cytomel uk

cytomel

Avatar f tn m really concerned about finding a doctor that will test Free T3/Free T4, prescribe Cytomel, take my symptoms into account and ignore TSH. At six months since starting medicine for Hashi/Hypo, we moved to London. At the time, I was taking T4 only. On my first visit/labs they reduced my T4 dose based exclusively on TSH which was in range (.8), but they wanted my TSH over 1.
Avatar f tn Yes, try the Armour, but also be aware that you may be one of the people, like me, who needs more T3, and therefor must add Cytomel to the Armour dosage. Armour stopped working for me this week, and I figured out on my own by research, that I could possibly need T3, and started taking Cytomel 25 mg Am and 25 mg PM with my 3 grains of Armour, and IMMEDIATELY felt better. This could be your situation, as well.
Avatar f tn I don't believe that desiccated is any "gentler" than cytomel. T3 is T3 whether it comes from desiccated or cytomel. Desiccated med has 4 times the amount of T3 as the body would normally produce. Not gentle, if you don't need that much.
Avatar f tn Starting you out on 20 mcg of Cytomel (T3) is way too much! Most doctors will always start a patient out on 5 mcg per day to start, then work their way up from there according to what your labs say. Your Free T4 is only a 13.7 and you need more T4 in order to convert to T3. Most feel best when their T4 level is mid normal range and their T3 level is mid level to high normal range. You are very low normal range for T4 and below the normal range for T3.
Avatar n tn Again slowly increase this dosage until A) you feel better and your symptoms are relieved or B) You get your FT4 to be about 50% of the range. At which point you can then start to slowly change the Cytomel (T3) until your symptoms are relieved. I have no issues with using NDT. But you may be SOOO close to optimization there is no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water and completely upset the apple cart by essentially starting over! Just my opinion.
988694 tn?1332359479 Does anybody know a T3 only medicine without fillers? I was added Cytomel and my NT was reduced to 2 grains due to RT3. So far feeling awful, but I am more concern, despite all the pain and discomfort I am in, about Cytomel causing me allergies. My nose is itching and I have been sneezing. I had a similar episode a couple of years ago and I quit it. I cannot do compound pharmacy since I have to travel and it is too much trouble. Any idea about an existent hypoallergenic T3 only medicine?
Avatar f tn Some people do better on dual synthetic of synthroid and (T4) and Cytomel (T3) rather than Armour. Both my wife and my daughter seem to do better on the dual synthetic rather than Armour and syhthroid together. Typically women do not do well with T4 only while many men respond well. Most women tend to do better on Armour plus if needed T4 medication. But it is all individual and at the end of the day. What combination works for any one person doesn't matter.
Avatar n tn When you said surgery, that made me wonder if you are located in the UK? If so, I doubt that Free T3 is included. You may have to push the doctor hard to get that done.
Avatar m tn were those T3 and T4 tests for Free T3 and Free T4 or were they Total T3 and Total T4? Typically, if not specified on the lab report, they are Totals and are not really very useful. You need the Free T3 and Free T4. Please clarify that. Is cytomel the only med you're on? It's very rare for someone to be prescribed a T3 only med by itself. What was the exact level of your vitamin D? Vitamin D deficiency can cause some hypo-like symptoms.
Avatar m tn The logical remedy for this would be to decrease the dosage of Levothyroxine in order to decrease your Free T4 level and add a source of T3, such as cytomel or its generic counterpart, liothyronine, in order to increase your Free T3 level. The other thing that jumps out at me is that your Vitamin B-12 level is way too low, even though it's within the reference range.
Avatar f tn t have hyper symptoms? Would there be another reason for the high T3? Is it good judgement to prescribe cytomel with armour thyroid? I am not taking cytomel, but it was recommended by another physician in the past. Would taking iron supplements help absorption of T3. Thank you.
545991 tn?1214437112 You mention weight as an issue and fact is - that taking a T3 Cytomel- or Armour SHOULD help with that if you are not having a RT3 issue. If you are not seeing some decrease at all - AS I - it doesn't hurt to have RT3 labs. Your low Free T3 could indicate a RT3 issue. especially if you are on cytomel. The connection with RT3 is Lepitin - a metobolism hormone - so if you are storing your Free T3's in RT3 components, we can pump any amount of T3 in us and still gain weight!
Avatar m tn It would appear that you might not be converting the T4 to T3 properly and might need to add a source of T3. This can be done by adding a small dose of cytomel or generic T3 or by switching to a desiccated med that contains both. Since you're already on the thyroxine, it might be easier to just add T3 med. Just out of curiosity -- would you by any chance be in U.K.?
Avatar n tn 75 Levoxyl and 25 Cytomel, My range is optimal. I took extra with me, from the States to the UK, where I am looking to live, or possibly France, as I have EU citizenship. USPS attempt to ship meds returned to the States. I will investigate DHL with Endo statement, labs, documentation. In the interim, NHS informed me they do not prescribe those brand names.
Avatar m tn What do you all think? Is it ok that I am taking so much Cytomel? He said that my free t3 was so low that he has plenty of room to add to it. I'm still sitting on the couch any downtime I have unless there's a pressing responsibility.
Avatar f tn Initally - going on a T3 med - Cytomel in addition to the Synthroid - you will feel great - then crash. This applies to natural thyroid combo meds too. T3 hormone is direct - which means your body accepts it immediately. You expressed you felt aweful prior to starting Cytomel - so that says you were hypothyroid and wanted direct T3. Well, you gave the body - what it needed - but it wants more. This is proven on your FT3 lab - the only thing is this is an old lab so one can only assume.
Avatar f tn 2 mg levothroxine but recently my doc. added 25 mcg of cytomel. My T3 levels went extremely high and TSH less then 0.5. I have been extemely ill - headaches, chills, sweats, light head, dizzy, naseau, anxiety. My doc has stopped the cytomel. My questions are: 1. How long does it take for the thryoid levels to return back to where they were. And how long do these symptoms last. 2. Was 25 mcg of cytomel a normal amount to add to 0.2 mg of levothroxine..
Avatar n tn 9, he decided to change my synthroid to 100 much and added Cytomel 5mcg twice a day. I’m not familiar with Cytomel, will the addition of this medicine compensate reducing my synthroid? Will it help with my Simptoms? Thank you!