Everyone has two parts to their blood type
, a letter (like A, B, AB or O
) and a sign (negative or positive
). The negative or positive refers to whether your red blood cells have a specific antigen called the Rh factor. About 85% of people are Rh positive (they have this antigen on their red blood cells), the other 15% are negative (including me). :) It sounds like you are Rh neg, while your husband is positive.