Allergy control specialists

Common Questions and Answers about Allergy control specialists


Avatar m tn I was officially diagnosed with the allergy to said nut after allergy testing when I was in my early teens. I subsequently had a few more allergic reactions throughout the next 20+ years, all similar, some also with breathing difficulties, always only with ingestion of coconut or with it touching my tongue/mouth/face. I am not allergic to any other nuts or seeds.
Avatar f tn Ok so I'm on birth control so we don't use condoms n he's ejaculated inside of me. It burns like crazy after a while n my vagina feels swollen. It appears to be getting worse every time he does. N while he's inside after he's come it burns the tip of his penis. Now we both have gotten checked for stds and nothing comes up.
Avatar f tn My son has always had major allergies, but we have never had issues with the food allergies, other than a couple of minor allergies to raw egg and tomatoes, diagnosed at age 3. My son took allergy shots twice a week for 9 years and really didn't see any relief from his allergy. From age 12 until 16 he did not receive the allergy shots. This year he began allergy shots again, at the advice of the new allergist we began seeing in May.
Avatar f tn t seem to respond well to medication or if you have year-round allergies and prefer not to be on medication all the time. Medications can control symptoms, but allergy shots -- if they work in your case -- are a more lasting solution. Allergy shots have a high success rate -- as high as 70 to 90 percent. The downside is that immunotherapy requires a substantial time commitment. During the initial series of shots, your doctor will need to see you every week or two for three to six months.
Avatar f tn I have seen one Cleveland Clinic NS to date & am not impressed. I will return to his office on Thursday to get his interpretation of the CINE-MRI I had done last week. Then I'm going to ask for a copy of the written report & head to someone else. In his defense however, he is NOT a Chiari specialist, just experienced with Chiari patients.
1694605 tn?1306510027 My GP then sent me to a MS Specialist since 5 neurologist looking at my MRIs and VEP said they thought I had MS. We only have 5 MS Specialists in our area with two major teaching hospitals and one of the largest Neurology Practices in the South East. Few Neurologist Specialize in MS. Any Neurologist who understands MS can diagnose and treat you.
Avatar n tn My 35 yr. old son has had almost constant headaches for over a year and a half. He has been to several "specialists" and the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago and Mayo Clinic in Mn. He is being treated with drugs, since MRI shows no tumors, etc. The drugs are not working. Vicodin does temporarily lessen the pain as does demoral. He cannot get anymore vicodin. He has never had an allergy test, the doctor at Mayo didn't think it was necessary. Any suggestions?
Avatar f tn Yup. When my anxiety gets high I have trouble swallowing and if feel something is stuck in my throat. Sometimes I even gag. It's terrible since I have a fear of throwing up. I always keep water with me at all times. If your doctor and ENT gave you a good report then it's most definently anxiety. It makes our bodies feel all times of things. Hang in there.
Avatar n tn My 11 year old son has suffered from spring allergies since age 4. For the last 5 years, he has experienced 5 minute episodes (usually at night) of trying to relieve the itch with his finger and snorkling to relive what he says "itches way down between his ear and throat". We have seen many allergy specialists and none of the allergy meds seem to work. He's losing sleep and I am out of ideas.
Avatar f tn Hello all. I'm looking for a little insight. To begin with, I am 23 years old and in pretty good health, if I do say so myself. I have never been allergic to anything in my life, with the exception of Prozac (which gave me hives on my elbows/knees).
Avatar n tn I have tried every available birth control on the market. Such as the pill, patch, nova ring, diaphragm, sponge, IUD, to condoms. Any hormonal variation causes sever and lasting yeast infections. I also have a latex allergy so we use non-latex condoms which break 1out of 3 times. Other then a tubal is there anything I'm missing? I also strictly chart my ovulation so I can keep and eye on that too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Avatar n tn hydrocodone? Causes everyone to itch, but some ARE allergic. Call poison control, a pharmacist, or a doc.
1124121 tn?1267135738 It is very difficult to get rid of, probably caused by your birth control, diet (sugars/carbs feed yeast), and yeast can become resistant to almost all treatments in about 4 days never really clearing the infection. Look up chronic candidiasis syndrome, yeast overgrowth! It's not recognized, tested, or properly treated by docs. It's very difficult to get rid of. Start taking a good quality enteric coated Probiotic. Threelac is the best I've found but it's expensive.
Avatar f tn I'm a 31 y/o female, 4'11', 120lbs and I've been throwing up everything I eat or drink (no exceptions) for going on almost 4 years now. I've been to several doctors and specialists. I do not have an eating disorder, nor a food allergy, or ulcer/hernia. I've done the scopes, food diets, life style changes, oodles of food and stress diaries. It doesn't seem to matter how much or little I eat, what I eat, when, how fast.
Avatar n tn Hi, This appears to be episodes of allergy or hives developing due to some kind of trigger. This may have lead to episodes whenever the allergen has come in contact with you/your skin. since the allergen is unknown you may try and find it out yourself or take an allergy specialists' help. On the other hand, the treatment remains the same whether the allergen is known or not. Therefore, it is best that you take antiallergic medication as soon as the itching starts. hope this helped.
Avatar n tn He needs to be under the care of an allergy specialist, undergo complete allergy testing and be under strict guidance of a nutrition exepert trained in childhood allergies. Hope this helps. Take care!
Avatar n tn ” Given your husband’s young age, the impact of his illness on the two of you and the possibility of permanent irreversible lung damage if his asthma is not well controlled, I strongly recommend that you do whatever is necessary to gain control of his asthma, be it with the assistance of his current allergist or specialists at one of the centers listed above, even should you have to beg or borrow the money to do it. This is no time to procrastinate..
Avatar f tn Most likely its a reaction to the different pollens in the air. The best way to find out if its an allergic reaction is to ask your doctor for allergy testing.
Avatar f tn A question to be asked is whether immunotherapy such as allergy shots or sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) might help with your asthma control. You may want to request a board certified allergist’s opinion on this, as well as the pulmonologist’s opinion. Finally, if with all this medicine and immunotherapy, your asthma remains sub-optimally controlled, you might be a candidate for the administration of a monoclonal antibody called Xolair® (omalizumab).
Avatar n tn We have been to many doctors/pulmonary specialists and no one can get this under control. They say that the smaller air ways are blocked or to small for air to flow through. She has thinkening of the lungs in two spots and asthma is an every day thing. We can not go out side with out an inhaler because the cold air is a big trigger.
Avatar f tn A 1980 study in France found that mice deprived of this important mineral, compared to a control group, developed allergy like symptoms including skin redness and increased scratching. White blood cells, and histamine levels increased in an allergy-like crisis. [4] Magnesium deficiency has been implicated in allergies and allergic skin reaction in many studies on humans, too.
Avatar n tn This happened 26 years ago and after visits to ear specialists and sinus doctor we pinpointed it to an allergy to beer, my favorite alcoholic drink. Then I quit drinking alcohol completely. A month ago, the vertigo returned. When I get it, it comes on fast, causing me to vomit, An MRI on my brain shows no abnormalities, bleeding or lesions. An ear, nose and throat specialist saw no infection in my outer ear. He did prescribe a decongestant and antihistamine.
Avatar m tn I searched for allergy specialists in the UAE, and finally found one who made monthly visits from overseas. He examined me and after testing my skin for "staining" which he called "dermatographism", he told me I had an allergic condition known as "chronic urticaria", which was the first time I had heard of the name for my condition. He told me to be patient and continue to take antihistamines, but he also recommended I do a prick test.