Warfarin overdose symptoms

Common Questions and Answers about Warfarin overdose symptoms

jantoven

I do that, also have one of those compartmented pill boxes and when the pills are gone I know I've taken them. You want to very careful with warfarin, an overdose could be dangerous. I have been on warfarin 2-1/2 years with no more than my normal headaches.
//health.usnews.com/articles/health/2008/12/23/5-dangerous-drug-combinations-you-need-to-avoid.
My cuts and sores were inflaming and bleeding easily and my sight had doubled/blurry. I thought it was the wrafarin and warfarin overdose. I was taken off warfarin at the hospital and had the symptoms still 2 months later. Because there were many mistakes with this physician and I felt I wasn't to blame I sought legal help. A new cardiologist took me off Digoxin which can be very toxic. Then I found web pages on the prescription drug. The symptoms of toxicity were matching. Now, my cuts,etc.
. Warfarin (Coumadin) is a blood thinner that prevents the blood from clotting. This medication is often used in patients with atrial fibrillation and with other heart conditions in which the blood has a tendency to clot on its own. Patients taking warfarin need to have periodic blood checks to make sure that their current dose is producing the desired effect and whether they are at increased risk for bleeding, either externally or internally.
Thyrotoxicosis Heat sensitivity Hyperactivity An overdose in Soloxine may also lead to further conditions such as polyuria or polyphagia. Other Considerations Most side effects occur when a dog overdoses, or is medicated beyond what the veterinarian has prescribed. Always give Soloxine exactly as your veterinarian has prescribed, and never give larger amounts or medicate for a longer period. Dogs that are allergic to Soloxine (levothyroxine sodium) should not take it.
I'd also get the detailed record from the vet and take it to another vet to go over in search of the moment when the warfarin was given so that you can determine whether it was intention, accidental, or overdose. It is given in such a tiny amount, that overdose is quite possible, especially if the vet has technicians or other people preparing medications. Sympathy and best of luck you and your remaining dog.
LACTATION — Excretion in breast milk unknown/use caution TOXICOLOGY / OVERDOSE COMPREHENSIVE — Signs and symptoms of overdose include agitation, irritability, aggressiveness, confusion, nervousness, tremor, sleep disturbance, palpitations, decreased prothrombin time, and slight-to-moderate elevations of hemodynamic parameters. Treatment is symptomatic and supportive. There is no data to suggest the utility of dialysis or urinary pH alteration in enhancing elimination.
Also, it doesn't mix with Coumadin/Warfarin. Her friend on the phone said that she stopped talking and heard gurgling sounds. My mom didn't get to say anything. I know that anaphylaxis can lead to sudden death/cardio collapse. SO - do you think that it is more likely that she had a brain hemmorhage or allergic reaction? This is just for my peace of mind.
Alcohol increases the risk of liver damage that can occur if an overdose of paracetamol is taken. The hazards of paracetamol overdose are greater in persistant heavy drinkers and in people with alcoholic liver disease. If this medicine is taken regularly for long periods of time, the body can become tolerant to it and it may become less effective at relieving pain. With prolonged use, the body may also become dependent on the codeine.
I think the initial symptoms were indicitive of first time marijuana use. Your other symptoms sound more like (at the very worst) a harmless arrthymia or mytral valve prolapse. I have had these same things happen to me for about 2 or 3 years now. I am seeing another doctor this week. Don't be afraid to get checked. Its almost always nothing serious especially in someone your age. I'm 22. Its scary but you'll live, I promise. Please don't worry too much.
Keep after your doc, you shouldnt have to suffer PAIN, the headache is a common side of treatment, and like other symptoms they come and go. Much luck to you!!
I know these are all symptoms of overdose, and also know that I cannot take drugs of any kind. I never had the vibrations until I took the meds. I am now back on flecainide, but only one 50MG pill a day. I don't know if this is going to work or not, may go back into A Fib. I do know that all of this is from the meds. I read that some people are not on any medications and still get the vibrations, so don't know what to think about that. All I know is that it is frightening.
If not, some of your symptoms may be due to low magnesium levels. All three work together. Something i found out the hard way! "Think of magnesium as the relaxation mineral. Anything that is tight, irritable, crampy, and stiff — whether it is a body part or an even a mood — is a sign of magnesium deficiency.
I have all the symptoms....I'm also on Vicodin from another doc for severe headaches.....in order for me to function and get up and go to work, I must take a Vicodin in the AM right away, one in the afternoon and sometimes one at night.....should I look into any other meds or narcotics? Just wondering what everyone else is taking to fight their pain. Thanks in advance!
There is a lot of similarities to HASHI and GRAVES symptoms but in the disease itself.....they are very different. The symptoms of anxiety , depression, anxiety...these are symptoms of BOTH Hyper and Hypo but with Hashis patients....there is a tendancy to try and let the thyroid durn ITSELF out. In the case of Graves...the Doctors tend to intervene if anti-thyroid meds dont work as hyperthyroidism and Graves can kill you with Atrial fibrillation. With Hashi's if medication overdose is given...
I saw another post about atrial fibrillation and stomach gas possible association or connection. I too have the same thing so it may not be all in your head if your suspect this to be the case. Most dr.'s think your crazy or never heard of this when you even suggest it. Thats whats wrong with most dr's atleast in my experience in that they don't think outside the box enough possibly because this is what they learned.
We've had to adjust dosages and diet now and then and he does well for the most part but when his blood sugar spirals down he exhibits symptoms of hunger, headache, confusion, irritability, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, tremors, sweating, fast heartbeat which can also lead to seizure (convulsions), fainting, or coma (severe hypoglycemia can be fatal). As long as you monitor your blood sugar you should be fine.
For the past 4 years I have been experiencing horrible symptoms. It seemed that the whole thing started as a sinus infection but then I went for a CT scan of sinuses and they were clear. I have been having symptoms of dizziness, head pain, shakiness and a spaced out kind of foggy feeling like i am watching my life from the outside - all day every day. There are some times for a couple of hours during the day that the symptoms may lift and give me a few moments to live- but not much.
I was back to the doctor and he prescribed a greater dose of amoxicillin and advised me to finish it, which I did this time. Great, no symptoms for the last week. A couple of days ago however, the symptoms started again, and yet again, only at night. I went to bed with the annoying banging and awoke to it, only for it to go away during the day.
by the way sleep has gotten better and symptoms have improved but they are still there. after my first iv symptoms almost disappeared and i think it was the vit c.on the second on it did not have that effect and it makes me feel like they forgot to add it to iv bag. vit c usually burns a little with iv because it is an acid it did not do that the second time.
I have experienced very similar symptoms as everyone else. I will say, I too had taken Tylenol the day before as I had a Migraine from change in weather (we get a very wide range of temps this time of year - March) and it went from plus 15 to minus 8 in a day. I have low blood pressure and have had problems with cold extremeties, border line underactive Thyroid (they won't give me meds yet..), and was diagnosed with something called Reynaud's.
Disadvantages of peginterferon therapy are parenteral administration, frequent side effects (especially flu-like symptoms, depression or irritability, and cytopenias), need for more intensive laboratory monitoring, contraindication in advanced liver disease, and higher cost.
MedHelp Health Answers