Tooth extraction cost

Common Questions and Answers about Tooth extraction cost

teeth

I have a cracked tooth that needs work, I've been putting off a root canal/extraction for about 5mos.now. (I know really bad) the tooth is starting to bother me again, & I don't want to risk a big infection during pregnancy. I'm 21 wks tomorrow, and have heard it's best to get dental work done now- during your 2nd trimester. I have MAJOR anxiety when it comes to dentists-- they gave me valium for the procedure but that was Prior to me becoming pregnant.
Im supposed to have the tooth pulled on tuesday and did I mention I always get dry socket with every extraction Ive ever had?? (if you dont know what that is, its a very painful thing where the blood clot doesnt stay in the hole and air hits your nerves and bone causing excrutiating pain). I am going to my regular doctor tomorrow, monday, to beg him for some percocets or something to take for the extraction but i very highly doubt he will oblige.
I personally dont feel the doctor is responsible as the tooth already was damaged by decay prior to your visit. If the tooth did not have a filling already, i think that would be a different story and he might fix it for free. Its like a machanic replacing your car radiator and accidently touch a hose that was cracked and it broke in half. If there is already prior damage the doctor would not be responsible.
Due to the cost, I decided not to have the tooth replaced with an implant. It is now late October and I have been experiencing extreme TMJ pain in my in my left upper jaw for about a month, which is on the opposite side of the tooth removal. I've had TMJ in the past, but nothing like this time. The pain is horrible. I finally connected the dots and realized my teeth have probably shifted from not having the implant done when it was an option earlier this year.
As I heard that Root canal is a painful process and leave many aftereffects and at least it can b avoided for the wisdom tooth, Coz this is a uselss tooth in our mouth. Although I want to save my tooth, but not at the cost my health. Moreover, I want to delay the treatment for two months as I am into a very imp phase of my life, so will it be feasible and advisable to get it delayed? If yes, then any precautions to b taken..
//www.animated-teeth.com/tooth_extractions/t8_extraction_costs.
About 6 months ago I was told I would need a root canal because I have a lot of decay in one tooth. The tooth in question is the last tooth on the upper left hand side, number 16? It has recently started to really hurt and I will be going to a dentist soon. My question is since it's way in the back can I just have it extracted to avoid the cost, pain and future complications associated with a root canal? In general, I brush at least twice a day and floss everyday. Thank you.
I broke a tooth and I have a little pain with it, my options are root canal or extraction. If I get the root canal do I have to get a crown.Does not the root canal destroy the nerves thereby rendering the tooth dead and eventually it will break causing you to get the extraction anyway. For it is alot more expensive to get the root canal and crown than having the tooth extracted.
Instead of all that time, pain and cost, wouldn't it be easier to just have them pull the tooth? Since it's his very back tooth, how much is that tooth really needed? Thanks!
The way our professors teach us is... An extraction can cost you a few bucks. If you dont 'want to pay for the extraction, you can keep that rotten tooth and keep the decay until it sets up sepsis (infection in the body) and that simple extraction turns into a hospital bill PLUS several medications. Moral being, find the few dollars to get it taken care of or you'll end up having to find LOTS of money to treat a systemic problem that could have been avoided.
If you really can not afford the cost of root canal treatment, extraction is probably the only option to solve your dental problem.
He said I should start thinking about whether I want root canal treatment or extraction. The tooth in question is second molar on my right side, right in front of where a wisdom tooth has begun to poke through. The dentist said that if I have the tooth extracted, it will give more room for the wisdom tooth to come through and hopefully avoid any potential problems in that department (though he was clear that it would not slide into that position so there would still be a gap).
Since I am not the model patient that takes immaculate care of my own teeth, what would be the long term effects of an extraction, besides the obvious loss of tooth. Due to economic reasons, I am leaning towards an extraction, but honestly would like to keep the tooth. I can finance the root canal/crown, but the problem in the back of my mind is; after I commit to the cost factor, what would be the odds of my retaining the tooth with my dental habits (brush fairly daily and do not floss).
If you choose to have an extraction, then what? You'll need an implant which can cost $2000. I'd probably go for the root canal on the gamble that I could save my natural tooth.
The success rate of a re-treatment of a root canal is considerably lower than the first time a root canal is done so you may want to weigh the cost to benefit (or chance of success) versus an extraction and dental implant.
I have never had a tooth abscess until now. I called my dentist and they are trying to help me to keep cost down bc I have no insurance and xmas is right around corner so money is tight. I have a back molar that broke about 3 months ago ive been trying to save up for root canal but now I think I will need it pulled. The tooth stopped hurting and then I got the pus pocket under it that would flare up but then go down.
If it does start causing problems, it could damage the roots of the teeth in front of them, resulting in damage and possible removal of both the wisdom tooth and the tooth in front of it. It just depends on how the infection occurs and where it spreads. Bone shards can hurt but can also be easily fixed by removing them. They also can fall out on their own if you're patient enough.
The vet said that I cannot wait, but need to act relatively fast in having something done about the tooth. Extraction is significantly cheaper, but they said will be pretty tough as the tooth is healthy and he is so young with large roots. Any thoughts on extraction vs. root canal? Thoughts on waiting to have anything done until there is an issue? Thanks in advance!
Does needing both RCT, post and core, and crown lengthening suggest it's better to have the tooth extracted now and replaced by an implant, given both the cost and risks of the procedures? Thanks!
root canal on me and had a partial attached to the tooth he worked on. I began to have really bad headaches and would remove the partial as soon as I was away from my job. I repeatedly asked the dentist to check me out to see what the problem was. He took an xray on the tooth and "root" and I noticed that there was was a break the bone deep inside my gum. I asked him what it was and he said that I just needed to wait until everything was well.
He did seem to indicate that there may be a problem with spacing and that my next tooth may be at risk. My dentist did indicate that even if I did get them filled that I may need to have them extracted later. He also said that it would be more cost effective to have them out now. Over several dental visits he has said it was a shame that I didn't have my bottom wisdom teeth removed at the same time as the top ones (which were impacted and in my sinus).
The options I was given were 1) Do nothing for now (I don't want to do this) 2) Do root canal and a crown, which would cost maybe $2500 total and require several appointments; or 3) tooth extraction. The affected tooth is above a bottom molar that has never come in fully, and the two teeth don't meet for much chewing. I also had an impacted wisdom tooth removed behind that area years ago, and that area will always be tender.
An infected tooth can spread through underlying tissue and kill you. A friend of mine got necrotising fasciitis because of a bad tooth; the hospital had to put him in an induced coma for over a month to save his life. He was lucky; the "flesh-eater" bacteria did not spread as rapidly as in most cases so he lost very little flesh.
He already has a mouth full of dental work and has a family hsitory of very bad teeth so it pains me to spend that kind of money when he may end up without any teeth at some point down the road anyway. The surgical extraction will only cost about $180 and that the way we are leaning. He is already missing another molar on the opposite side and has managed fine with out it. What do you think? Thanks.
I personally agree with your concerns about the expense for the work mentioned and the time the tooth will remain in the mouth.  Is there a permanent tooth present that will erupt later in the area?  This affects decisions on extraction. Your child will most likely need an ortho consult by age 7.  The other thing is... The dentist stated it was "close" to the nerve and did not state it had "invaded" it. This was key to me. If it were my child...
At the time of extraction, the dentist told me I need have bone graft and it should be done at the time of tooth extractio or at least within two weeks after the extraction. But I did not follow his advice and just simply had the tooth extracted. My question is if I am to have an implant later, can I still have bone graft at that time?
My tooth was impacted and I needed to have an oral surgeon take it out, but because of the high cost ($500 - 800) for the one tooth, I asked my dentist, who is not an oral surgeon, to do it for me. While I thought the cost of the extraction would only be $250, it turned out to be $550 instead because the dentist said I needed a bone graft.
One was more because of the number of extractions they did because the cost of each ranged from $50-$200 depending on the tooth. IMHO I would probably go with #3 if only because you may be able to go longer without kitty having to have another cleaning. I wouldn't go with #1 just because he wouldn't give you a straight answer on cost. They should be able to give you a cost breakdown of each tooth that they think may need to come out and all of the anesthesia and equipment costs as well.
MedHelp Health Answers