T3 thyroid for weight loss

Common Questions and Answers about T3 thyroid for weight loss

armour-thyroid

Avatar m tn 7 is out of range, TSH should never be used, alone, to diagnose or treat a thyroid condition. You need to ask your doctor for the actual thyroid hormone tests, Free T3 and Free T4. Those levels are the ones that need to be adjusted. You should also get tested for thyroid antibodies, to determine whether or not you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is an autoimmune disease, in which the body sees the thyroid as "foreign" and produces antibodies to destroy it.
Avatar f tn BTW... I am not thinking that it should magically disappear. I am one who will work at it. If only I could find some energy to do so! ;-) I would just like to hear from some people who HAVE worked at it and HAVE gotten some results. I am 5'2" at 177 lbs. I want to be down to 140, which is a healthy weight for someone my height. I know I am never going to be 125 again. :-( but I would like to think that I can get back some of the girlish figure I once had!!! ????
Avatar f tn Yes please talk to your dr, there are many things that could cause rapid or excessive weight loss and some of them can be serious. In addition to Thyroid and GI testing maybe ask about diabetes. It seems odd, but it can cause weight loss.
Avatar m tn TSH is a pituitary hormone that is affected by so many variables, that it is totally inadequate as the sole diagnostic for thyroid. At best it is an indicator to be considered along with more important indicators such as symptoms, and also levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T3 and Free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and Total T4). FT3 is the most important test because FT3 largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.
Avatar f tn Please post your thyroid related test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report so that members can better assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment. Also, what thyroid meds and dosages are you taking? Are there other symptoms besides the weight issue?
Avatar f tn So when you have recovered from the TT, whenever you go in for tests, you should always make sure they test for Free T3 and Free T4 , not Total T3 and Total T4. I say this because Free T3 has been shown to correlate best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate at all. Also, since hypo patients frequently become too low in the ranges for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin, you should make sure those are tested as well.
Avatar n tn fatigue, hair loss, cold feet at night, memory loss,depression, exercise like a maniac but can't lose weight (5'3 - 144lb), throat feel like it need a blanket underneath to separate by skin, High LDL, low Vitamin D. The endo told me that it would be possible that i get Hashi's but it won't be until 5-10 out. He was going to do a 'wait n see' approach. :( I was just happy he gave me meds, but it feels that i may need a new doctor.
Avatar f tn No, assuming that you don't have an eating disorder, this is not normal unless you retain a lot of fluid, which you shouldn't, at your age ......... It sounds like you could be suffering from an overactive thyroid; have you ever had thyroid function tested? Get the following tests: TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, plus TSI; and get checked for Type I diabetes........ these are 2 major health issues that cause weight loss....... don't panic, but get tested for both asap....
Avatar m tn make sure you ask for Free T3, free T4 and Reverse T3 tests, as the standard tests miss thyroid hormone resistance (type 2 hypothyroidism). Also look up the Hospital Soup Diet, which makes one feel full on low calories. I have not tried this myself as my diet is really optimized for my own body and far too complex to suggest to others. But I know many people who tried this in the past and lost a lot of weight. Please note that these suggestions are not a substitute for medical advice.
2083143 tn?1332281983 When you can get testing done for thyroid, I urge you to request Free T3 and Free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and Total T4), along with TSH they always test. If the doctor resists and makes excuses that it is not necessary, just insist on it and don't take no for an answer. It is that important because Free T3 largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.
Avatar n tn The low TSH shows inappropriately high doses of Armour. Would recommend decreasing the dose and possibly stopping it as the initial labs were normal with the exception of a high Tg-Ab (and depending on the lab used, that may only be borderline high). The lack of weight loss is not due to a lack of thyroid hormone -- and may have nothing to do with thyroid.
Avatar f tn Why is weight loss so slow sometimes? I work out 5-6 days wk for at least hr-aerobic & deadlifing/kettle bells. Also keeping at 1,500 cals per day.
Avatar m tn If your thyroid levels aren't right for you, you will have a hard time losing weight. You may still be hypo, even if your lab reports show your levels to be "in range". You may need an adjustment in your medication. Can you post your most recent lab results, including TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, along with reference ranges listed on your lab report? Reference ranges are lab specific, so must come from your own report.
Avatar f tn I have prescribed natural dessicated thyroid for your patient (Armour or Nature-Throid). These contain T4 and T3 (40mcg and 9mcg respectively per 60mg). They are more effective than T4 therapy for most patients. Since they provide more T3 than the thyroid gland produces, the well-replaced patient’s free T4 will be around the middle of its range or lower, and the FT3 will be high-“normal” or slightly high before the AM dose.
Avatar m tn With this disease, the autoimmune system produces antibodies that attack and eventually destroy the thyroid glands. The time for this to be completed varies widely. In the interim you gradually lose capability to produce thyroid hormone, which of course affects our metabolism and many other body functions. Some doctors tend to wait until the patient is showing overt hypo symptoms before starting on medication. I'm not a believer in this personally.
Avatar f tn Free T3 is the active thyroid hormone that largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions. A test for FT3 will reveal if conversion is adequate. If you have been tested for FT3, please post result and reference range. In fact, it would be helpful for us if you will post all your thyroid test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report.
Avatar f tn I was feeling a bit hyperthyroid previous to the 2 weeks without (possibly due to the weight loss). Weight loss was a good thing, I've been trying via Weight Watchers to lose weight. It was lost over several months, so at a normal rate, I believe. My last test result for TSH was .094 uIU/ml and the standard range is from .3 to 5.6 (my doctor wants me at around .
Avatar f tn Too little TSH indicates you have hyperthyroidism or over active thyroid, producing too much thyroid hormone - common symptoms are weight loss, diarrhea, hand tremors, fatigue, depression, rapid heart rate, palpitations, anxiety, hair loss.
Avatar f tn Should I call and ask for a free T3 too? And has anyone experienced weight loss. Down about 10 pounds in 7 weeks. Has my metabolism changed? I feel much better but I usually have to workout forever to lose anything. I do have more energy, can't sleep much, just concerned... I never really understood how the T3 and T4 works. Thanks for reading.
Avatar f tn thanks for responding the ref range for tsh 0.465-4.680, free t4 is 0.78--2.19 and the total 3 97.0- 169.0, I had a cat scan for another prob and they saw a 2.
Avatar m tn She was surprised when I reported the weight loss at our 4 week check up so I am presuming that weight loss is not normally a symptom of Zoloft.. Do you think the Liothyronine was the reason for the weight loss? If so, can I replace my Thyroxine drug (T4) with the Liothyronine? Is Liothyronine a T3 drug? Thanks....
Avatar f tn What will be helpful to make weight loss easier with low thyroid levels, I am taking synthyroid 0.025 mg. for the low thyroid levels.
393685 tn?1425812522 Yeah, there are far too many people out there abusing thyroid meds for either body building or weight loss. It's just crazy! I swear that using narcotics for weight loss would be safer then messing with your thyroid levels!!