Ovarian cysts and laparoscopy

Common Questions and Answers about Ovarian cysts and laparoscopy

ovarian-cysts

I am 53 years old and have 1.0 cm complex cysts in left ovary and 1.4 cm septated cyst in my right ovary. You have mentioned many times about the surgery Laparoscopy to diagnose the cysts. Who usually perform this surgery (regular gynecologist or gyn oncologist or special surgeon )? Any possible risk involved here ? please advise.
Has any one had a laparoscopy to remove cyst off the ovaries? and how long after can you TTC? Waiting for my RE to call me back but I felt the experts here :) will let me know first. Plus I will like to hear first had what to expect. SSBD!!!
I was diagnosed in 2003 with severe endo and ovarian cysts and told I could never get pregnant.I had lap in 2004 and 2 laps in 2005.Miscarried in april 2005 and fell pregnant in August 2005 and then again in Oct 2006.so it is possible.I also had 6 months of Lupron and it was horrible.But it never worked anyway.But yes you can get pregnant.I was told I would never be able to conceive but we did twice.Hope you have a great dr to work with you.
for possible endometriosis tomorrow
I had a laparoscopy in may of this year and everthing went pretty well. I went in hospital because I had a d&c, pap, laparoscopy, and hysteroscopy. I have enlarged ovaries, cysts, polyps, and fibroids along with pcos. I do suggest you speak to your doctor. As with any surgery there is a risk of infection which I also got and was out of work for 1 1/2 weeks. It isn't pleasant but they didn't find anything when I had a trans vag ultra sound. Insha'allah you do well and please be strong.
HI, Haemorrhagic cysts of moderate size can be a corpus luteal cyst of chocolate cyst of the ovary caused because of endometriosis. This needs to be correlated with your age and symptoms. To know the exact nature of the cyst, further investigations like CT scan or MRI or direct visualization via laparoscopy will be necessary. Although not life threatening they will require treatment. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
having to rush to the hospital becuase of large cysts bursting and pain, bleeding. im now 27 with one child. ihave had cycts remove from each ovary about 2 inches big. i just had an ultrasoudn done a week ago and still have a small one on bottom of right ovary and a 4cm ovarian cyst onmy left. i have been on ortho-low birth control for 5 years now. i have switched to a higher dose pill but did nothing for the cysts.is my only option to keep having them removed.
I went off birth control 4 years ago and ever since then I have been developing ovarian cysts. Sometimes i get lower back pain that extends down my buttocks and feels like sciatica . I also get what feels like menstral cramping after intense exercise. During ovulation i also experience uncomfortable cramping. My periods are pretty regular (maybe off by 5 days tops) and they are not heavy, just normal and they last about 4 days.
He sent me to see a colon specialist and a colonoscopy was done and everything looked ok. A laparoscopy was done and he drained several cyst on my left ovary. my laparoscopy was done November 11, 2008. on January 15 I was having pelvic pain again. A doctor in the ER sent me for a vaginal ultrasound. the ultrasound revealed that my right ovary measured 2.6x3.9x3.6 centimeters. left ovary measures 3.7x2.3x3.2 centimeters. there were numerous follicular cyst in both ovaries.
My cyst was 4+ cm and b/c the doctor couldn't tell what was going on until he got in there and looked, he warned me that there was a 95% chance of the laparoscopy going as planned (out patient) and a 5% chance that I'd have to stay in the hospital. It all went well and I had an endometriosis diagnosis. Don't worry. Your doctor sounds very proactive and you will feel better knowing the cyst is out. Good luck!
The right ovary is enlarged and measures 8.2 x 4.9 x 4.0 cm. There is a complex ovarian mass that measures 5.3 x 3.1 x 3.6 cm fine low level internal echoes. There is another complex cystic lesion that measures 3.0 x 2.4 x 3.4 cm with fine low level Lacey echoes. No flow is identified within these lesions and they likely represent hemorrhagic cysts. A simple cyst is also noted measuring 4.3 x 2.4 x 3.4 cm. And the report states that I have free fluid by my vaginal cuff.
I already had an emergency laparotomy 13 years ago (I am now 35) and do not want to go through that again and am desperate to try alternative ways of treating this. My specialist said to give it another 6 weeks to see if there is a change but to admit myself to the emergency department if I have sudden severe pain. I have heard some positive things about acupuncture. Can you recommend anyone in sydney who has experience in this area? Hope to hear back from you soon. Thankyou.
Then there are the rarer cases when cysts are not cysts but ovarian cancer. A woman with cyst problems needs to be monitored by a good gyn. But I know your dilemma well. None of this is affordable without health insurance.
I had a transvaginal ultrasound that showed 2 small cysts on my right ovary and 3 on the left. Also 1 in my uterus. The dr. said that they were all normal and not to worry about them. They cause me alot of pain. I have been suffering from cysts for the last 20 years. I have never had mutiple cysts like this before. Should I be concerned? Should they be doing any kind of followup? I am 44 years old and have had 4 children.
I had to have my ovary removed via laparotomy so its a bigger incision and that was back in Feb/11.. And that was 6 weeks before I started to feel a bit better.... but closer to 3 months before I felt like I could start doing more heavy lifting and getting back to normal routine of things without feeling like it took all the energy out of me.
Hi There, one simple way to know if cysts are functional - that is- related to the ovarian - menstrual cycle is to wait a cycle or two and rescan. Cysts that are related to ovulation will be gone and be replaced by new cysts with the new cycle. A persistent or growing cyst may be a tumor benign or malignant. Ca 125 is not a screen for cancer. The result just tells us that this cyst or tumor does not produce the CA 125 protein. I am assuming that tha 4.5 cm, 2.8 cm, 3.3 cm and 4.
I went to the dr yesterday and she is going to do another ultrasound to see what is going on with the cysts. If all looks well she wants me to get a laparoscopy do try and identify the cause of my pain. I hope it doesn't come to that. I don't want surgery unless absolutely necc. The dr is leaning towards endometriosis i think. I am leaning more towards polycystic ovaries considering my 1st two ultrasounds. .................... to be honest i am at a complete loss.
Hi, I have had ovarian cysts since i was 11 years and have been on the birth control pill since then, im 24. I have had a 5 cm cycst on the right ovary that has just gone away after 5 months and now have a 4.4 cysts on the left, they just never seem to stop. I have seen my gyno and i am now going for a Cat scan next week, she hasnt really told me anything, but seening a gyno and getting a cat scan is something that need to be done. Does anyone know what serious complacations to cysts could be?
My surgery is due on September 16, 2010 by laparoscopy, the doctor told me that they're not sure what type of cyst it is and if it's benign or cancerous. Is Laparoscopy the best way to remove the cyst? And can anyone please tell me what are the things I need to know, prepare or do before the date of my surgery? Replies will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Had abdominal CT scan in August (to check liver) and was told that I have fatty liver and ovarian cysts (minor notation on report). Side pain has gotten worse and enzymes still elevated. Had second abdominal CT scan to get a better look at liver and pancreas. Was told everything looked okay (still have fatty liver) but the ovarian cysts have grown.
I am having Laparoscopy to remove my right ovary with a complex ovarian cyst on Wednesday and needless to say I am terrified! I have read several posts here and it has made me feel much better about the procedure. My Gyno said they would "flash freeze" the ovary to test for cancer and if present, they would do a full hysterctomy. My only symptoms were dull crampy pains on my lower right side, but now I am having dull pain on the left side as well.
Hi There, It sounds like your doctor is being thorough and careful. If you have unexplained ovarian cysts that are not going away, a diagnostic laparoscopy can give good information. It is not possible to make a diagnosis of endometriosis without a laparoscopy.
I am concerned because during a ct scan for kidney stones, they found 2 ovarian cysts and i am post menopausal, the dr. said that one is 4cm and the other is 3.5 cm. I am worried because i though after menopause women don't usually get cysts anymore.
Hello everyone! I had chocolate cysts, endometriosis and tumor on my right ovary and it was removed during laparoscopy almost 8 years ago. Since then I was on Yasmin birth control pills, had a punctuation and was on Zoladex shots for sih months in order to save my left ovary, because I have cysts and endometriosis on it too.
I will be watched very closely for my breast cysts and ovarian cysts for the rest of my life which comforts me. WE *have* to keep up on this stuff...so please do not put off heading to the doctor when something does not feel write. How often to we all read that suggestion on these forums!!
I had bad experience 8 ago because I had chocolate cysts, endometriosis and tumor on my right ovary and it couldn't be saved and also there was internal bleeding, so it was a matter of life and death, and the laparoscopy lasted 6 hours, and they said to me that in the worst case it will last one and a half hour...
MedHelp Health Answers