Opana er extended-release tablet 30 mg

Common Questions and Answers about Opana er extended-release tablet 30 mg

opana

Hi Family, I am down to 10mg <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>opana</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>er</span> (extended release in two 5 <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span>. pills) plus four 5 mg opana IR (immediate release) pills per day. I am struggling to decrease from 10 mg to 5 mg because the jump is 50%! It is too great of a jump. It causes my pain and my anxiety to get out-of-control. I need to change to another opiate that is easier to taper on. I need a pill I can cut, and opana er cannot be cut. I hope to taper my medicine.
And while I still think taking two <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>30</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>opana</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>er</span> tabs twice a day is too much, taking one <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>30</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>opana</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>er</span> tablet during the day makes sense to me now. I take 75% of my total meds during the day when I am awake and I take the other 25% at night before bedtime. So, I plan to discuss this with my doctor tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps taking one 30 mg opana er tablet during the day and one 10 or 15 mg opana er tablet at night before bedtime is the right way to go.
but i did look up opana and i thought it said it also came in 20mg and 40 mgs....BUT...the few pages i read said <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>opana</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>er</span> (extended release) so i dont know if that is the ONLY way it comes (er), or the other also...
pain, I have terrible neuropathy and cannot sit more than 5 minutes. WHAT CAN I SWITCH TO FROM DURAGESIC??? What is an oral extended release product comparable to fentanyl? (Yes, the price given was for generic and I've been on Avinza, opana, Kadian, methadone, which was a nightmare, among others)...I have an appointment on Monday to talk about the SWITCH but I'd like to go in with some ideas....PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP?
pain that occurs outside of the control of my long acting opioid medication, <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>opana</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>er</span> (12 hour extended release oxymorphone). Breakthrough pain may not occur everyday as for the most part long acting opioid medications do work as they are supposed to. Percocet is a short acting opioid medication that is used a lot for acute pain...pain after surgery or for a short duration until an injury has healed.
Excuse me, but all the information that I provided above is accurate. I would love for you to highlight specific information in my posts that you feel is inaccurate and let us talk about the reasons why you believe it is inaccurate. I provided the same strength comparison information that you reiterated in your post. And, I did not promote for them to switch to opana er (i.e., oxymorphone) - instead I stated that was simply what I was taking for my pain.
Many PM doctors want their patients that have chronic pain on an extended release medication as the euphoria is much less or nonexistant on er medications; whereas, short-acting medications peak very quickly in the bloodstream which can cause a strong sense of wellbeing or euphoria that many doctors believe are at the root of addiction/abuse of prescription pain killers. However, this is not true in most cases but many doctors are convinced of just the opposite.
Oxymorphone 10 mg Hydrocodone 20 <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span> Oxycodone 20 <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span> Methadone b 20 <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span> Morphine <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>30</span> <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>mg</span> here is a chart i found...it may be hard to understand the way it pasted but it means that just 10mg of opana is equal to 20mg of hydrocodone,= to 20mgs of oxycodone,= to20 mgs of methadone b and also = to 30mgs of morphine....it sounds like some rugged ****, like maybe you arent going to even miss the methadone or oxys...but i am not a pharmacist, so do some research of your own to be safe...
I have had four epedural injections in the past year still without relief. I've been taking <span style = 'background-color: #dae8f4'>30</span> Vicodin HPs a week for a year now, but I am still suffering and I am finding it difficult to concentrate after taking Vicodin. I want to stop taking Vicodin before I become more dependant on it than I already am. My Dr. has suggested switching to Ultram in the past. Some pharmacist say that Ultram is addictive while others say it is not.
MedHelp Health Answers