Epipen half life

Common Questions and Answers about Epipen half life


November 2 I had a bowl of clam chowder (eaten many times in my life) and a half hour later I was in anaphylactic shock. I was rushed to emergency, given benedryl and sent home 4 hours later. I got an Epipen for I was told, although rare, that I could have a secondary reaction within the next week. Sure enough November 5 I had a second reaction (bi-phasic reaction). I was given the epipen by my mother for I passed out and couldn't give it myself. Back to the hospital.
Anyway, I risked it and ate about 1/2 a yoplait yogurt, expecting at worse, a painful rush to bathroom within the half-hour. Instead, I got a weird burning sensation in my chest. My throat starting itching terribly. My breathing was "darth vader" like. Now, it wasn't so bad that I thought I was about to die but it was bad enough that I felt like there was weight on my chest and something squeezing off my throat.
It is also advisable to carry an epipen with you and wear a medical alert bracelet as sometimes can be life threatening also esp. when it involves the respiratory muscles. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.
Im allergic to water, sweet, tears, rain, can't even go in the shower when Im in a acute reaction, and now my doctor told me today Im messing up her life because she has to be around all the time because of me and watching me but nobody ask her to do that my family doc can do that, Im so lost right now, I want to have a normal life like before, I have a child to take care of and I couldnt if she lets me down :(((((( Im so depress right now, I just want an opinion of what to do????
A better and additional choice for those of us that have extreme allergies or a history of severe allergic reactions is to keep an Epipen on hand. Epipen's which is an Epinephrine injection is used to treat life-threatening allergic reactions. I have one on me at all times. It can be life-saving.
He prescribed an EpiPen, a device that administers an emergency epinephrine injection, which he told Newell to carry at all times. Then he handed him an order for a blood test. In the event of another attack, he told Newell, doctors should test his blood for levels of serum tryptase within three hours. An elevated reading would indicate true anaphylaxis, not just anxiety. Newell didn't have to wait long.
If the allergist is also concerned about lip and tongue swelling, he/she may want to prescribe what is called an EpiPen® (epinephrine) Auto-Injector, a form of adrenaline that could be life-saving. That your hives tend to occur primarily at night again raises the possibility of "bed-bugs", too small to be seen with the naked eye.
And honestly I'm still super tiny, can't really even see my bump half the time, it depends on you, unless you are actually OBESE and very unhealthy, then you shouldn't even worry about it.
I've gone off the new medication and my side is still very tender and painful. Just to add some spice to life, my dentist put his latex gloved hand in my mouth and I'm VERY allergic to latex. I've gone through 2 Epipens, God knows how many Benadryl and I'm still swollen and somewhat itchy. I hate using the Epipens because of the speedy jumpy feeling. Epinephrine is banned except for RX. People were using it as "speed" and the DEA and FDA clamped down on it.
age 29, orthonovum 1/35 for dysmenorrhea, sudden loss of vision in left half of left eye at work in am-blood pressure high, no hx of migraine, vision faded back in within the hour. No headache till after vision restored, then headache grew to disorienting proportions by night. Discontinued bcp's. Never recurred. age 35, referred by gyn to renal/hypertension dr-good workup, hbp, prescribed Procardia-I didn't like what I read about it, never started meds, never rtnd, no symptoms at the time.
Yes, my daughter has had the sunburn rash with anaphylaxis. We aren't doctors, just parents like you helping each other on our community. What cereal did he eat that morning? I assume with milk? But milk, in itself, isn't an issue, right? All it takes is a tiny piece ingested if your son is allergic .. it may be that the allergist didn't hit on the exact cause .. but I am not familiar with the syndrome you discuss, so being a parent, and not a doctor ..
In the meantime, while you undergo testing, you should be given an Epi-Pen (that's what we call it in the UK, it's an auto-injector of adrenaline/epinephrine you carry with you at all times and will save your life if administered before/during anaphylaxis.I think you call it Anapen in the USA). For your doctor do anything less would be negligent in my opinion. Had your tongue continued to swell, you might well have choked...
Never outside the scar and never gets too red just about the same color as the scar itself. Year and a half ago was the surgery and this has happened I'd guess about 7-10 times now. I avoid scratching it and usually just goes away over the course of hours to a day or so. It's pretty annoying and I'm very curious. Today the lump was pretty significantly bigger then normal and just worried one day it'll be something worse. I heard the mention of having a virus or flu.
0 mil pills a day and I won't let myself take anymore, if anything I will only take a half of pill first to see if that works, and if not I take the other half later in the day. My doctor is now suggesting that I slowly stop taking Xanax and replace it with Paxil. With all of the horrible stories and side effects of Paxil, is there a reason that I just can't continue taking Xanax as I have been?
this has been around for about 18 years and she had just taken a class in it. Two half hour sessions of rolling on this ball (like a smallish soccer ball)...leaning my body wt. into it, literally placing the ball underneath me and "rolling" on it...slowly.....and, I have had tons and tons of relief. I could not believe it!
Xanax is probably a very good medication if used as prescribed, but it also can be abused. I can't imagine why doctors wouldn't prescribe a longer half-life benzodiazepine instead. They don't provide the "high" of Xanax and, for me at least, didn't lend themselves to abuse.
I don't mean to frighten you given the anxiety you already have, but heart block is life threatening. You need to talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Tell him/her it feels like your heart is stopping and ask if this could this be heart block. Describe the anxiety you feel afterwards. That's a completely normal physiological response. It's your nervous system getting nervous because something is wrong.
Just like you before this bought with low vitman d I was living a great life, now it seems that my life has taken a turn for the worse! Still in all I am thankful because it could be worse! We just have to make it through and prayerfully we'll begin to feel back to normal as soon as possible. I'm a 27 yr old female with a husband and 16 month old daughter that I want to be able to enjoy LIFE with and this defeciency makes it so hard at times.
HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS from the generic thyroid drug??? I even tried cutting the pill in half, reducing the dose to 25mcg but I had the same reaction, though not as severe. My MD said he's never heard of this!!!!! He wants my to try the brand drug, Synthroid. I'm very concerned! Any others with this reaction to levothyroxine or thyroid meds?? If so, what's the solution?!
it's a good thing i went to that class on tuesday to learn all about it - yikes!! i'm so nervous - not really about the whole thing - i can handle the meds with the epipen or smaller needles - it's just the progesterone needle that's huge and i'm petrified of - especially since my dh is going to have to give that one to me and what if he gets shaky?
i've tried neurontin twice. the first time i was to take 300mgs 3 times a day. the vertigo was so bad, i stoped taking after the first week. the second time, i was put on 100 mgs, three times a day. the smaller dose minimised the vertigo, but after being on it for a week i had a severe allergic reaction to it. my wind pipe swelled shut. i'm allergic to wasp and bee stings, so i had several epipens i used to get me to the hospital ER.
I was diagnosis with idiopathic angioedema four years ago and it has change my life tremondously. The first two years were very difficult to me because of all the chronic swelling and not understand where this came from all of the sudden. Now I have learn to deal with the situation on a daily basis if needed. I have swelling & hive all the time but I try not to take any medication unless it is really severe.
I used 1 gram a day. Sometimes I would split up the dose, using a half gram in the A.M. and a half in the P.M. Since I just recently started seeing a doctor specifically so that I could be monitored for hormonal balance, I was just switced to a sublingual tablet; Progesterone 50 mg Triturate. I use one a day, at night time. I just started this one month ago. I go to the doc's in about two weeks to check my levels.
In immunocompromised persons, particularly those with chronic liver disease, V. vulnificus can infect the bloodstream, causing a severe and life-threatening illness characterized by fever and chills, decreased blood pressure (septic shock), and blistering skin lesions. V. vulnificus bloodstream infections are fatal about 50% of the time. V. vulnificus can cause an infection of the skin when open wounds are exposed to warm seawater; these infections may lead to skin breakdown and ulceration.
he won't give me anymore meds....zilch. A year and a half later I know nothing more than I did the first week I got this stuff. It totally looks like I'll have to live with it the rest of my life and believe me I'm at my wits end. I'd love to know what this is and how to get rid of it. I kept thinking maybe a sinus blockage or some kind, but it does me no good to think now, as I dont have much of a doctor to support me and help me out...if you find something out please post.
I woke up 4 days ago with large red itchy bumps initially on my forearms. With in 5 minutes they were all over my neck, waist, scalp and my ears started to swell. I took some allergy tablets ( Chlorpheniramine) and the itching/ hives stopped within 2 hours, but my ears continued to swell. About 8 hours later they started to resume normal appearance. Later that evening i started noticing i was extremely achey, ecspecially in my hips and knees.
That lazy good-for-nothing hospital-pimp obviously had better things to do than to take my case seriously that day because all he did for me was to sent me straight to the ER. Of course the doctors there told me I was “fine”, just like the half-dozen times before, and after I'd wasted a whole day there lying on a damn gurney. I was eventually diagnosed with acid reflux by a doctor who told me to take the pills he'd given me and “eat whatever you want”.
And the first time I consumed any in eight years, it was an accident, had half of a mint Brussells cookie, and a stomach ache for a good twenty minutes. Anyone else here that *look* when you tell others you and mint don't get along? Care to share your symptoms? Your coping/mint alternatives?
MedHelp Health Answers