Alcohol allergy rash

Common Questions and Answers about Alcohol allergy rash

alcohol

I do not feel drunk at all during this experience, which occurs from as littleLittle noses decongestant Little tummys as 1/2 a bottle of alcohol. I am a male from india, Have i developed a violent allergy to alcohol? Am i now intolerant of this substanceDrug abuse? Is there any way for treatment of such an allergy/intolerance? Could it be something else?
I just read a submission, and your response, to a 10/24/99 question about alcohol allergy. It was the second time I have seen a reference to Asian intolerance to alcohol... I am not Asian, but am 1/2 Italian. My dad was adopted, but lineage tracing appears to reveal mostly Irish and some French heritage - no Asian. However, after the birth of my first child in 1991, I too have developed a severe reaction to alcohol. Sometimes just touching a drink to my lips causes it.
my partner has come up in raised red rashes on his arms and is gradually spreading to his body and legs. we have tried allergy tablets and creams ad everything under the sun but it does not seem to be shifting. he has had it for just under a week now and it is getting bigger. we have no idea what it is or what could have caused it. help.....
Uuuuuugh!! I just wanna scream and cry!! LOL I've had this rash that started Saturday. It started around my collarbone. Now it's gone down to my chest and is creeping onto my belly!! It is sooo itchy. I put no name aveeno on it last night and it BURNED!! The best way to describe it is like a heat rash because it's prickly like that! Can't catch a break I tell ya! No idea what it's from. I've had allergy testing in the past and am not allergic to common allergens.
I should also mention this area is exacty where my pants button and my belt rubs. I've tried cleaning it with alcohol, putting neosporin on it, and covering it with a bandaid. This keeps me from scratching but then I break out in the area where the bandaids adhesive is. Today I decided to put anti fungal cream on it and cover it with a bandaid, to see if maybe the friction combined with the scratching has turned the razor burn into a fungal infection. I'm at my wit's end.
I was wondering what in Beer could I be allergic to that would make me puke after no more than 2 sips. I can drink hard alcohol and never puke, but if I take a few sips of beer it's instant projectile vomit... and then I am fine again.
The rash is a cluster of red bumps and most concentrations of them are about 3-5 inches in diameter. The rash itches all over very intensely when I drink alcohol. After half a beer it starts and it is unbearable. This rash is very unsightly and I feel like a freak. I am single and I am never going to find a woman with this ailment. This started 2 months ago and has gotten progressively worse. QUESTIONS: What is causing this?
It's not really a medication, of course, but they need to be aware of this allergy nevertheless. When I was asking what this stuff was called, the male nurse I was talking to asked me what it looked like. He confirmed that this is an allergy. I am not really surprised that I developed this allergy, because I am allergic to band-aids. I have been for many years now. I also have a chemical burn from the cloth first aid tape that they used on my other arm when they drew blood.
Hi there, I believe I have an allergy to Quinine. Last time I drank tonic water, my nose and lips swelled up and a rash formed on my back. At first, I though it was the Gin that may have done this, but I recently drank tonic water and whiskey (dont ask me why...) and these allergies occured once again. Once the swelling came down, my mouth became littered with cankersores which causes eating and drinking to be very painful.
I asked my doctor the other day and he said he never heard of such a thing but to go home, get rubbing alcohol and put it on my forearm. If a rash appeared, then I am allergic to alcohol. So I did, and nothing happened.. It seems to be only when I ingest alcohol internally. So I'm guessing something in liquor? I have no clue. So, I was wondering if anyone knows what it may be? Oh, also, if I take 2 benadryl it does seem to help. I don't know!!!
I have a very low tolerance to alcohol, sometimes have the urge to vomit after just one shot of (40%) vodka, and have allergy-like symptoms the day after I consume alcohol (usually hard alcohol). Of the symptoms, the most dominant is an itchy rash that develops all over my body. Recently I believe I have developed atopic eczema, little clear bumps all over the palm of my hands and near the crease of my elbow.
The possible allergens in alcohol can be contaminants with alcohol, hapten carrier responses, alcohol or metabolite conjugates. One more important thing is agents like alcohol are believed to increase the rate of allergen absorption. Take care and regards.
You could read more about the condition at the following link - www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcohol-allergy/AN00818 It would help to take a vitamin B complex and also consult your doctor for your symptoms if they persist. Post us if you have any other doubts and let us know about how you are doing. Regards.
The allergist he saw said it would be almost impossible, very time consuming and costly to try and track down an allergy unless he could see him when he was actually having the "attack". He has the Enephrine (sp?) pen which was prescribed by the Emergency Room physician, and is to keep this with him at all times.
Hi, It appears that you have alcohol intolerance. Alcohol allergy can be diagnosed based on the type of reaction generated by consuming alcohol. Swelling and hives are indicators that the reaction is mediated by the immune system and is due to reaction against a particular component of the beverage that the body recognizes as an antigen.
I was outprocessing and was given a beer(american domestic) and I broke out in a rash and started getting nauseas. I was told it was because of some chemical I came in contact with while in Iraq. Is this possible and is there a cure? I know nothing of any chemical contact, just a period of time without dinking beer. Any ideas.
About a year ago I developed this red rash across my cheeks and forehead. I did not change my laundry detergent(free and clear, no perfumes, ect.) I did not change my lotion (aveeno) I did not change my diet. My GP doesn't know what it is, but gave me Prednisone tapers 4 times this year.
A few hours later my boyfriend complained of having a burning penile rash, which I assumed was from an allergy to the Metronidizale. He went to the hospital and got a cream for it. Now, several days later, he says its "better" but still complains of being raw. He also did bizarre stuff like apply alcohol to his penis. Have you heard of such an allergic reaction. What can we do now?
my question is could he get an allergy now? his symptoms are as follows...as soon as he gets a taste of beer he is instantly drunk. he staggers and slurs his words. also his eyes open all the way, as wide as they can. he starts to grind his teeth like hes on a drug too. he doesn't believe this happens to him but i am very worried he may be causing some major damage. i realize being an alcoholic this long has done damage but this is scary. i have never seen anyone like this before.
About a year ago I developed this red rash across my cheeks and forehead. I did not change my laundry detergent(free and clear, no perfumes, ect.) I did not change my lotion (aveeno) I did not change my diet. My GP doesn't know what it is, but gave me Prednisone tapers 4 times this year.
a week ago, I felt something ichy below my lips, and it feels like theres something inside it started out small and after a few hours it multiplies then it gets bigger, im eating my usual food, im not putting anything on my face, and i always took a bath and wash my face before i sleep, it gets at least .5 of a centimeter and it has water inside, i popped it out then put a cotton alcohol on it.
For around three or four years now, I have been suffering from headaches some two hours or more after the consumption of any amount of alcohol - although typically as few as two drinks upwards of any kind of alcohol. The headaches come on slowly but persistently and follow a line from the left side of my neck across the top of my head to just above the left eyebrow. They are not sharp pains but more of a constant 'throb' and can go on for hours.
Everytime I cut I use stainless steel blades, razors, etc I immediately get a rash at the site's. So I end up burning them because they itch really bad. Then as they start to heal the itching becomes worse so I will use pumice stone, sandpaper, etc and scrub the begesum's out of the area's, then I pour alcohol on them, which does help the area's eventually feel a bit better. I take prescribed allergy meds daily, but still the itching gets intense.
On my 2nd scan I had a delayed reaction of itching, redness on the skin of my eyebrows and nose plus a red goosebump type rash below my breastbone. I took benadryl and the redness cleared up within a day and the rash is almost gone. On July 14th I started to feel like there was a lump in my throat and took more benadryl which helped but made my throat really dry. On the 17th I felt it worse so I went to my Primary Dr.
Hi, Caffeine Allergy Symptoms Caffeine allergy symptoms range from a minor rash to life threatening seizures. The severity of the reaction depends on what the person is actually allergic to and to what extent a person is allergic. Some of the reactions associated with caffeine allergies include difficulty breathing, shock, tongue, and facial swelling.
MedHelp Health Answers